"Unfortunately, Google apps has stopped working"

AlaJack

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I updated to lollipop I keep getting this message. Does anyone else experience the same? Any fix for this ?

I can't believe it's a coincidence that it just started on its own. It MUST be connected to the OS update.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Mine just started since last Google app update, it was fine on Lollipop for a week until the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would factory reset if I were you. Solved all of my issues.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yours? Perhaps. Mine? I got the error today, 24 hours after a factory reboot, and I had gotten it before the reboot. I went into "Google App" and turned off notifications to see if that works. If not, then I don't know.

Hangouts (not even enabled!) and then Google App. Anything else want to do this? Let's get it out of the way so we can fix it and move on.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yours? Perhaps. Mine? I got the error today, 24 hours after a factory reboot, and I had gotten it before the reboot. I went into "Google App" and turned off notifications to see if that works. If not, then I don't know.

Hangouts (not even enabled!) and then Google App. Anything else want to do this? Let's get it out of the way so we can fix it and move on.

Re-enable hangouts?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the same message on my nexus 6 over the past few days. Not sure where it's coming from.

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I was getting this too right after LP, but it eventually went away. No idea what it was or what made it disappear, but I am not complaining. I did have some issues with a couple of apps, like Moto Voice. I cleared the cache on that, plus the Google Search app and Google Play Services, which may have resolved this unintentionally.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I did and disabled it. Neither one has appeared again since but less than 24 hours is not enough of a sample period. I think it will be fine but will advise if not.

Nothing since. So while I did a factory wipe for a completely different reason unrelated to this issue, when I did this pre-wipe and then had to post-wipe, it fixed it. No issues since this post. I also had time between initial fix, the wipe, and the re-fix, so, I know it works.

I hope it does for you guys. It should work for anything that does that. Disabling the app or not, it works.

Johnny Fever

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Moo,
After you tapped disable Did you get the popup that states 'do you want to replace w factory version'? Because it wont let me revert backb/c its an active device administrator. I know its been awhile since you did this and might not remember...
Verizon told me to force stop...but Im still getting the popup throughout the day.

JF

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I never reoccurring had that problem until reading this thread recently. Suspicious. Even after uninstalling google play updates, reupdating a few times, I still get it occasionally. Wanting to attribute it to Google Play store 6.0.0 update. It seriously just started happening a few days ago and this revamped playstore was released what, a week or three ago?

Dave Abela

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I see these are old posts but i started getting this and have tried the factory reset. I have an S4 and everything has been working until now for a couple years. my pull down does not work eiter and have tried all those posts. I guess all I can do now is use this Phone which i loved for target pratice R.I.P.

Hope810

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I started having this issue this morning. I believe it is tied to an update for the Google Apps itself. Go into your Applications Manager under Settings. Scroll down to Google Apps, click on it, then choose "more" in the upper right corner. It gives you the option to 'Uninstall Updates' to this app. Once I did that, mine started working fine again.

Hope this works for you!

Last edited:

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Oddly enough, I only started getting the Google Play Services error AFTER I did a factory reset. I've tried clearing cache for it as well as Google Services Framework per solutions from a Google search, but no luck. Anyone find a permanent solution?

Bhattijee12

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I am using Samsung prime core mobile
It is continuously showing the message "unfortunately Google apps has stopped working" and no other function is on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol