Did anyone else get the Play Store update for the Motorola Flip Case? I got that pending update this afternoon. How annoying and intrusive that they want me to install an app on my device that I don't need unless I have the Motorola Flip Case. The update says "This service enables the following features when using the Motorola Flip Case on a Motorola Droid Turbo." How about putting it in the Play Store and letting ME decide to install it if I bought a Flip Case? I don't think there is any way to hide these updates, so I suppose it will show up on every restart prompting me to update/install? There are already a bunch of reviews panning this app as bloat that is not needed.

Edit: After further review...I did already have this app and it is disabled. Not sure why I got this update. I then enabled the app, then disabled it again and the update disappeared.
    07-14-2015 12:05 AM
    I got it too. I had to search to find out what the app does, as it didn't sound familiar.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    07-14-2015 05:39 AM
    OK, I get not wanting bloatware, but, for the sake of everyone else, this is benign and takes up perhaps a dozen or so extra MB of storage. On a 32 GB phone, that's still a small fraction.

Bloatware that actually has a service that runs in the background even if you don't use (hello, Amazon apps) - I get the annoyance. If you never use an app and it has nothing that runs in the background, you're not saving much by disabling it.
    07-14-2015 06:11 AM
    OK, I get not wanting bloatware, but, for the sake of everyone else, this is benign and takes up perhaps a dozen or so extra MB of storage. On a 32 GB phone, that's still a small fraction.

Bloatware that actually has a service that runs in the background even if you don't use (hello, Amazon apps) - I get the annoyance. If you never use an app and it has nothing that runs in the background, you're not saving much by disabling it.
    Except that since I disabled it I will no longer get update requests that use my data plan for a phone case that I don't have, and usually updates make the app larger, so it will take more space (although I agree it is small). Just seems odd to send an update to everyone who owns a Turbo specifically for one case. Probably less than 5% have that case. Seems more logical that if you buy that case you go to Google play and get the app that makes it work.
    07-14-2015 10:05 AM