So, I had horrible battery performance after the update. I figured I would do a cache wipe. Normally this erased battery history, but not this time. The gap is during the wipe. Notice the average slope before and after

I wish they could push an update that doesn't require this crap, but its never happened.

Cache wipe and battery performance.-uploadfromtaptalk1436924553082.jpg
    07-14-2015 09:42 PM
    Not bad! I just do the cache wipe regularly after a system update. It doesn't take very long, and there's no harm in doing it.
    maxman1 likes this.
    07-14-2015 10:55 PM
    That's works for me, Cache wipe, run down till it dies, charge to 100% with the phone off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-15-2015 09:07 AM
    That's works for me, Cache wipe, run down till it dies, charge to 100% with the phone off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Letting the battery run down til it dies is a big no-no. Should not let your battery regularly get below 20%.
    07-15-2015 12:40 PM
    Letting the battery run down til it dies is a big no-no. Should not let your battery regularly get below 20%.
    It's not terrible to do once in a while, and remember that the phone reports that it is run down when there is still spare capacity.

I encourage everyone to charge daily, while you sleep, so you wake up with a full charge to start the day. Plug in while you drive if your phone is below 80%. The same while sitting at your desk, if you can. Lots of small charges should be better than fewer big ones. But occasionally letting the phone run until it powers itself down is fine. I think it's better to do a full charge when that happens.
    07-15-2015 01:03 PM
    Your so wrong, is this your actual experience? See cause it's mine, after the ac update and the 5.1 update it improved my battery life by at least 15% with no problems.

Posted via the dell
    07-15-2015 06:35 PM
    I did a factory reset and my Turbo is running like a dream.

Sent via Motorola Droid Turbo
    07-15-2015 08:52 PM
    Your so wrong, is this your actual experience? See cause it's mine, after the ac update and the 5.1 update it improved my battery life by at least 15% with no problems.

Posted via the dell
    Huh?
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    07-15-2015 10:41 PM

Posted via the dell
    What MA2GA28 was referring to is the general recommendation not to routinely let your battery die. Doing so on a regular basis can shorten the battery's overall lifespan. Lithium batteries do better in the long run if you avoid frequent deep discharges. But as doogald also mentioned, it's not the end of the world if the battery drains deeply once in a while. Just don't make a habit of it.

Here's a good resource: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

See also this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ml#post4271880
    07-16-2015 02:21 AM
    What MA2GA28 was referring to is the general recommendation not to routinely let your battery die. Doing so on a regular basis can shorten the battery's overall lifespan. Lithium batteries do better in the long run if you avoid frequent deep discharges. But as doogald also mentioned, it's not the end of the world if the battery drains deeply once in a while. Just don't make a habit of it.

Here's a good resource: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

See also this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ml#post4271880
    This also helps.

hoganhead83 likes this.
    07-16-2015 02:02 PM

Posted via the dell
    Lucky you. It seems to be hit or miss for the entire population sample. Unfortunately, I seem to always be on the miss side.
    07-16-2015 02:23 PM
    Lucky you. It seems to be hit or miss for the entire population sample. Unfortunately, I seem to always be on the miss side.
    By no means is it an everyday, week or month thing, after those 2 updates I noticed my battery drain increase, to go from empty to full after wiping the cache, the battery stats stored on your phone, it's a nice bump up in performance. It's my personal experience.
    I regularly drop it on my qi charger at night with between 45 and 60% charge left. Again I am not advocating running a Turbo down till it dies, it takes to long. And yes it would probably be detrimental to the battery.

Posted via the dell
    07-16-2015 06:38 PM