23.11.39 quark available

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I just DL it and it seems to have fixed a problem I was having on MMS messages. I would get a download icon for an MMS message but it would never download the message. This is how we communicate at work and was becoming a real problem. After this little update all the MMS messages downloaded and I am now getting them normally. That makes me a happy camper.
For future reference, you should be able to disable auto-download of MMS messages in the settings for the Messages app (I believe this exists in the Message+ app also). You can do this when an MMS won't download, and it will give you a Download button you can click. If you are having signal problems you should be able to back out and try the download button again and again until the MMS downloads successfully.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was getting the download button that you can click and after clicking it would say downloading but never show a message just revert to the Download button. I work in an area with 5 bars of LTE and I have 100 MBS WiFi at work and home. I did have the auto DL disabled and I tried it with it enabled. It was doing the same thing on the VZW Messages+ app and the stock Messaging app. It was driving me crazy. I have a LG Gpad LTE and it worked fine on the tablet which is on 5.02. Anyway thanks for the info and it seems fixed now from the update.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I was getting the download button that you can click and after clicking it would say downloading but never show a message just revert to the Download button. I work in an area with 5 bars of LTE and I have 100 MBS WiFi at work and home. I did have the auto DL disabled and I tried it with it enabled. It was doing the same thing on the VZW Messages+ app and the stock Messaging app. It was driving me crazy. I have a LG Gpad LTE and it worked fine on the tablet which is on 5.02. Anyway thanks for the info and it seems fixed now from the update.
Cool

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be getting better battery life after the update. I definitely was getting worse battery life after the LP update but didn't notice any other issues. I did FDR and that didn't help. Phone also seemed to get hot a lot more often than it did before. After this latest update those problems seemed to go away. Time will tell...

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
One new thing that I just noticed in the Bluetooth settings via the pull down there is now a small X next to connected devices that allows you to disconnect them without going to more settings.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It looks like LTE connectivity is better with this update, it's always been good but it's even better now. Especially notice it on band 13. Battery life looks to be a little better also but I am still messing around with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

gemery#CB

Banned
Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It looks like LTE connectivity is better with this update, it's always been good but it's even better now. Especially notice it on band 13. Battery life looks to be a little better also but I am still messing around with it.

How can you tell you are on band 13

fredge

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
After the initial 5.1 update I was having issues with MMS. Every phone call I made or received would then show up in my MMS list for a time. So I had lots of contacts in my MMS lists with blank conversations. This update has resolved the issue.

ChazzMatt

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
See, there were basically two Motorola Quark phones -- with two different FCC IDs -- released under THREE model names:

• FCC ID IHDT56PK1:
    XT1254 U.S. Droid Turbo/XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx (identical device, CMDA/GSM/HSPA/LTE bands -- except for model name). The XT1250 will run on Verizon, with a Verizon SIM card. This device has LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 13 enabled.

• FCC ID IHDT56PK2:
    XT1225 "international" Moto Turbo/XT1225 "international" Moto Maxx (identical device, GSM/HPSA/LTE bands, except for model names). This LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17 enabled.

Of the two Quark models -- released under three models names (Moto Maxx, Moto Turbo, Droid Turbo) -- only the one with the model name "Droid Turbo" has locked down bootloader. The XT1250 U.S. Moto Maxx is basically the "dev" version of the XT1254 "Droid Turbo" if you can get your hands on it. (unlock-able bootloader, can be easily rooted, TWRP installed, etc.)

The Droid Turbo is just one of the Quark phones Motorola released, and NO the device is not and never was "exclusive" to Verizon. Only the "Droid" part of the name is exclusive to Verizon. Motorola even used the "Turbo" name on another Quark phone.

* U.S. Moto Maxx XT1250/Verizon Droid Turbo XT1254. Same device, same FCC ID, different model name. The XT1250 is sold by smaller regional CDMA/LTE carriers and will work on Verizon if you stick in a Verizon LTE SIM card -- just like a non-Verizon Moto Nexus 6. People have done it. The XT1250 has an unlock-able bootloader, can be easily rooted, TWRP installed, etc.

* "International" Moto Turbo XT1225/Moto Maxx XT1225. Same device, both XT1225 models have the same FCC ID, different model name for different part of the world. LTE bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17. I'm running two of them on AT&T with CM12.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca