What is going on here.

ascene

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Any solution to the WiFi problem for turbo? I will have full signal and yet still crappy connection. I try to keep data off because of our shared plan. So, I'm on WiFi, a lot. I bought a Netgear extender about two months ago. Only because I'm usually sitting on my back deck and the router doesn't want to reach three more feet. The extender works fine, but WiFi is still being dropped. Downloads take 5 minutes and same with YouTube videos.

I tried to post this fifteen minutes ago, but when I tried to open the app it said it couldn't connect. I looked at the non existent WiFi icon. Swiped down and before I knew it, phone froze, screen went black. I did a soft reset and then the optimizing apps screen appeared. I did whatever update it told me to this afternoon. I don't know if it's just my phone acting wonky or if anyone else has problems.

I've searched this forum and others and never got a clear answer. Someone help my phone. :)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
]I would recommend factory resetting your router. And then borrowing or buying a different router to test for a day or two. And then factory resetting your phone of none of that works.

It's not a universal issue so its probably limited to a few users, a few router configurations, or a few combinations of turbo+specific routers. I sit on wifi all day long with no issues at all.

Not calling you out specifically ascene, but often people with these random problems will eventually say "well...yeah...I am running four different routers on a custom firmware I wrote in highschool to optimize all the signals and handoffs and manage the ISP i run out of my house and my routers all all different brands and were bought in 1996, but that'snot the problem...it must be the phone!".

ascene

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Haha, I just read about issues with turbos WiFi. Granted we have the lowest tier(sp?) service. Living in the woods in North Carolina doesn't help. Also, i dont know if having two laptops, two smart phones and a tablet running effect it at all. My parents are literally glued to their laptops and tablet all day. I've tried resetting the router and being a waitress, I can't afford a new one right now. Thank you vinyl album addiction for making me broke haha.

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You can also try changing the channel of the router from the default. If you have neighbors (even though you are rural) with routers, there might be a conflict.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You can also try changing the channel of the router from the default. If you have neighbors (even though you are rural) with routers, there might be a conflict.

If you haven't done so already download the app WiFi Analyzer. It will tell you the most optimum channel to set your router under your conditions.

ascene

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I have many neighbors and am quite amazed that their WiFi reaches my house from two houses away but mine gives up at the back door. How do set the router?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have many neighbors and am quite amazed that their WiFi reaches my house from two houses away but mine gives up at the back door. How do set the router?

They may just have a better router. Some of the more expensive routers tend to reach a little farther. What your walls are made out of also matters though.

These are two nice routers that aren't crazy expensive:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4567813
http://www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4567813

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It also depends a lot on where you place the router. I had mine inside a cabinet and it really cut down the signal. Once I moved it to a higher open location I can walk a block away from my house and get a signal. Also try moving it away from other computers and electrical equipment.

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You need to log in. Charge the default password, if you haven't already, then look at WiFi settings. It should be in there somewhere. Each manufacturer has it in a slightly different place.

ascene

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
It also depends a lot on where you place the router. I had mine inside a cabinet and it really cut down the signal. Once I moved it to a higher open location I can walk a block away from my house and get a signal. Also try moving it away from other computers and electrical equipment.

Unfortunately, mine is in a closet, in a metal box with other electrical. Dads choice to put it there. I told him it interferes but we can't move it.

ascene

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
You need to log in. Charge the default password, if you haven't already, then look at WiFi settings. It should be in there somewhere. Each manufacturer has it in a slightly different place.

Yeah, don't know how to even begin that process haha.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, mine is in a closet, in a metal box with other electrical. Dads choice to put it there. I told him it interferes but we can't move it.

Basically, your Dad put your router in a Faraday Cage. Not good. Move that thing, pronto!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

This is so true...

I have a 2 story house. My router is in my basement office at one end of the house. I got decent coverage except for upstairs on the other end of the house. I moved my router just 10 feet away, leaving it in the same basement room and now coverage is very good all over the house.