Turbo Battery and LG G4 Battery. Wrong Phone winning in Charge?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the H815 G4 on AT&T and the Turbo on Verizon (obviously). When the Turbo received 5.1 I cleaned the cache partition and drained the battery to a zero charge. I recharged it totally while off. After the recent soak test, I repeated that procedure. Given the Turbo's battery is 900 mAh more energized, why am I getting these results???2015-07-23_09.56.42.jpg2015-07-23_09.57.46.jpg2015-07-23_09.59.37.jpg2015-07-23_10.00.28.jpg

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Everything is equal, almost to the app. Both on Wi-Fi, both near perfect reception. Both charged last night, and both disconnected at the same time.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
No the 4g signal strength . Another thing is look at which apps are running for each test. I would bet there is some apps running in the background.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No the 4g signal strength . Another thing is look at which apps are running for each test. I would bet there is some apps running in the background.

They share almost identical apps. Considering how much bigger the Motorola battery is this makes no sense. I can't do a factory reset because my work email will be wiped.

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if a Verizon bloat ware app is running. Click the little vacuum cleaner icon. That takes you to the apps that have been using the specific battery cycle. I would be curious to see that and see if the are any difference between the two

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if a Verizon bloat ware app is running. Click the little vacuum cleaner icon. That takes you to the apps that have been using the specific battery cycle. I would be curious to see that and see if the are any difference between the two

I've disabled all Verizon bloatware. Both phones literally share the exact same apps. Besides manufacturer and carrier, there are no other tangibles I can think of. Perhaps the Turbo can't handle an app. But both run 5.1 so I'm not inclined to think that's an issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, you used the Turbo more, based on the screen on time.

Fwiw, I think all of the always on moto apps - moto display, moto voice, assist, etc. - drain battery. It'd be interesting to turn all of that off on the turbo and see if it's better. (That's said, I prefer having my phone have that stuff on.. I just need the phone to last from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. Lasting two days - who cares? I want a fresh charged battery when I wake up anyway.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, you used the Turbo more, based on the screen on time.

Fwiw, I think all of the always on moto apps - moto display, moto voice, assist, etc. - drain battery. It'd be interesting to turn all of that off on the turbo and see if it's better. (That's said, I prefer having my phone have that stuff on.. I just need the phone to last from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep. Lasting two days - who cares? I want a fresh charged battery when I wake up anyway.

Yes I did use the Turbo a little more, but the results don't add up. With an extra 900 mAh, at MOST I can see the Turbo equalling the G4. But the G4, despite minor usage on the Turbo, has significant gains on the Turbo.

Frustrated!!!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did use the Turbo a little more, but the results don't add up. With an extra 900 mAh, at MOST I can see the Turbo equalling the G4. But the G4, despite minor usage on the Turbo, has significant gains on the Turbo.

Frustrated!!!

Do you have any of the Moto apps running? Moto Display for notifications? Moto voice for voice actions? Assist for driving or home?

If so, then you definitely are *not* running the same apps on the two phones, because there are nothing like those apps (except maybe for voice) on the G4, right?

(Fwiw, moto phones I think burn more battery than other phones. It could be these functions, it could be something else. The Droid Maxx and turbo definitely don't last as long as their batteries should. But, as I said, if the battery gets you through a day without charging and still has plenty of power left, what more do you need?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy