Droid Turbo - Moto assist not working as great on Lollipop. Can I get some help?

kari3323

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Droid Turbo - Moto assist not working as great on Lollipop

Just curious if anyone has any tricks on how to get the Driving functions of Moto Assist to work once on Lollipop. On KitKat, mine worked great. It read me my texts, I could say "send text" or "stop" to respond. Now it maybe works 50% of the time if I am lucky. It always tells me I have a text and from who, but it doesn't understand if I say "answer" or "ignore" to calls, or the voice commands for texts. Its frustrating. It was one of my favorite features of this phone and I am hoping to get it back to where it was. Any input is appreciated.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Droid Turbo - Moto assist not working as great on Lollipop

I think the problem may have to do with the Bluetooth problem some have mentioned (where callers can't hear you). I did notice this issue before the 5.1 updates, but it seems much more common now.

I also notice that sometimes as soon it asks me something, it will cancel itself and disappear. I don't know if that's related or not.

There is a setting called Audio Troubleshooting in the Voice section of the Moto app. I've enabled it, but I haven't been in the car enough to test it. It did seem like it no longer sent the Voice responses through Bluetooth which isn't an ideal solution, but it might help the problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kari3323

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone is still struggling with this, I found something similar on the Moto X forum. Basically you need to go into Apps and clear cache on both Moto and Moto Voice. Then also force stop on those apps and reboot the phone. Worth a try.

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone is still struggling with this, I found something similar on the Moto X forum. Basically you need to go into Apps and clear cache on both Moto and Moto Voice. Then also force stop on those apps and reboot the phone. Worth a try.

I'm going to try that.

I also figured out that the prompt responds to the infrared sensors (I didn't think it did this before Lollipop). So every time it starts speaking, and I reach toward the phone, it dismisses the prompt. If I don't reach for the phone, it continues to talk.