Should I wait on this update? I wanted to root my phone but stupid me, I updated to Lollipop not realizing after that you can't downgrade. So do I have better odds of having someone make a downgrade available for the old Lollipop or just update now and wait some more?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-24-2015 10:24 AM
    As far as I know, in Lollipop there is no root available, and also no downgrades available. The only option left to us lollipops is for someone to unlock the bootloader. Many other options are available to do what you want to do while rooted. What did you have in mind?
    07-24-2015 10:46 AM
    As far as I know, in Lollipop there is no root available, and also no downgrades available. The only option left to us lollipops is for someone to unlock the bootloader. Many other options are available to do what you want to do while rooted. What did you have in mind?
    I'd like to get rid of all the bloatware which drives me crazy, not just disable them and uninstall their updates. Also all of those ad popups get annoying. I know there are apps that can take care of them, but they can only do so much. There is the usual "turn on airplane mode" option, but that's pointless when there is no WiFi around. I'm a graphic designer and love having total control of redesigning and customizing themes. I already have Launcher Lab installed and I like it a lot, but I want to more XD

07-24-2015 11:04 AM
    Should I wait on this update? I wanted to root my phone but stupid me, I updated to Lollipop not realizing after that you can't downgrade. So do I have better odds of having someone make a downgrade available for the old Lollipop or just update now and wait some more?

Doubtful that this update will have any impact on that. Appears to be fairly small...probably just bug fixes and/or carrier stuff. You're odds getting root, at least anytime soon, are pretty scarce anyway given how long folks have been working on getting the bootloader unlocked with no success.

If root access is that important to you (which is fine if it is), you should probably consider a Nexus device the next time you upgrade.
    07-24-2015 12:47 PM