Wi-fi less screen casting

SmaugHat

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have thought all along that this was an impossible unicorn cable issue, but I finally found a mini-USB to mini-HTMI gender bender, and can cable this to my Samsung TV's HTMI 2 port. But "cast screen" in Droid settings doesn't recognize it, nor does the Samsung HTMI input.

Wireless is not an option. Anybody?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have thought all along that this was an impossible unicorn cable issue, but I finally found a mini-USB to mini-HTMI gender bender, and can cable this to my Samsung TV's HTMI 2 port. But "cast screen" in Droid settings doesn't recognize it, nor does the Samsung HTMI input.

Wireless is not an option. Anybody?

Usually it is best to get a cable that mirrors the screen of your phone to the TV. Casting is going to look for the Chromecast on the wifi network.

SmaugHat

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Thanks!

Usually it is best to get a cable that mirrors the screen of your phone to the TV.

Well....the only output from the droid is mini usb, and the input on the tv is regular htmi, so I was proud of finding this connection wiring finally. But your comment has me confused...?

Casting is going to look for the Chromecast on the wifi network.

I'm trying to not involve wi-fi at all. For all intents and purposes, it does not exist in the remote area I wanted to cast at. Hence the hardwire.

SmaugHat

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Thanks!

Usually it is best to get a cable that mirrors the screen of your phone to the TV.

Well....the only output from the droid is mini usb, and the input on the tv is regular htmi, so I was proud of finding this connection wiring finally. But your comment has me confused...?

Casting is going to look for the Chromecast on the wifi network.

I'm trying to not involve wi-fi at all. For all intents and purposes, it does not exist in the remote area I wanted to cast at. Hence the hardwire.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, the turbo does not support the MHL cable that you are talking about (micro usb to HDMI). There are phones that do, my old droid DNA did. This did not use the cast screen, as the DNA was on kitkat. Cast screen in 5.x works to mirror the screen on compatible devices, like a miracast TV.