Is the Moto X Play (rumored DROID MAXX 2) an upgrade over the DROID TURBO?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just curious how this processor compares to the Snapdragon 805 in the turbo? No gaming, so I'm wondering if the play will be slower than my Turbo with the Snadragon 805. I know there's other factors to consider so I'm hoping someone can give me a best guess speed comparison.

Leo Bauberger

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Turbo vs Play processor?

I thought the 805 is better than the 615, but thinking deeply, the 615 has 64 bits and is a octa core...
So now I'm confused wich one is better

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Any advantages other than screen size over the Droid Turbo

I really don't want the size of the Style (but we'll wait to see it anyway).

1. Is there any advantages of the Play (or Maxx2 rumored equivalent) over my current Turbo?
2. Is the 615 octa-core CPU a step backwards from the 805 in my Turbo?
3. Should this phone be have the always listening/touchless control feature?

Last edited:

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Any advantages other than screen size over the Droid Turbo

My X Play has always listening and has worked well when I tested it last night.

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys

What is this always listening feature as I have never had a Motorola before but hopefully that will change very soon :)

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys

What is this always listening feature as I have never had a Motorola before but hopefully that will change very soon :)

If I say hello Moto X my phone wakes up and listens for a command such as what is the weather like today or what song is this etc.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

If I say hello Moto X my phone wakes up and listens for a command such as what is the weather like today or what song is this etc.

Wow that sounds great thanks.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Likely advantages: camera, quicker updates, sd card, for some the slightly larger screen, but lower resolution. Processor I don't know.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Is the Play / Maxx 2 an upgrade?

Other than sd and slightly bigger screen is there any advantages of the play / rumored Maxx 2 I over the Turbo? I like having the latest and greatest, and the Style is too big with a smaller battery. So is there anything to be gained with the Play? Even the battery may not last longer. - I know I asked this on the play thread too.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is the Play / Maxx 2 an upgrade?

I don't think so. I think the play is a midrange phone, and the turbo specs remain better.

But, it's probably better to wait until the phone is announced and out and read trustworthy reviews rather than what people like us think based on rumors.

(Also, I don't think of a bigger display being an advantage. I think the Droid Maxx was perfect and I hate the fact that mainstream new phones are so big now.)

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Saw the other day the Turbo 2 is suppose to have a 5.7 screen with mostly same specs as the original. Who needs a screen that big??

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Mod note: Combined your three threads.

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Saw the other day the Turbo 2 is suppose to have a 5.7 screen with mostly same specs as the original. Who needs a screen that big??

Which is why I bought the Turbo a few weeks ago. Would have preferred 5" about the size of the 2013 Maxx, but no one is going that way except Sony.

Also the 805 is generally faster than the 615, and not a lot of difference vs the 808/810. The 820 will be a different story.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463