Move music MP3 files to my phone from Windows 7

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,
So A while back I was able to take my CDs, burn them to MP3s, and then simply plug my android phone into my laptop so that I could have my music on my phone. Well, yesterday my phone completely died (firmware scramble) and so they sent me a new one. I connect it up via USB, watch it pop up. Click on internal storage, click on music, and then try to transfer my files into my phone. It either just sits there looking like it is trying, or it comes back with a windows error saying the device is no longer available. This is happening on 2 desktops (win 7 Pro) and a laptop (win 8.1 Pro). Any ideas? The Phone is the 64GB Turbo. It is fully up to date and was factory reset by me before even loading any apps just to be sure. Can't figure out how to get my music on there so I can use poweramp to play it without being "online". Any help is appreciated.

Robb Feldhege

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling the driver for the phone from Windows, reboot your computer, and then plug your phone back in.

There really shouldn't be an issue with transferring via USB. You can try other methods, though, like USB or over WiFi with 3rd party apps like PushBullet or a WiFi-enabled File Manager.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe that there are issues sometimes connecting to USB3 ports, so, if you computer has a USB2 port, try connecting to that instead.

Also, make sure that you have the latest Motorola Device Manager installed. See https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/103535/p/30,6720,9277

But, otherwise I agree with SpookDroid - I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time banging my head over this, and instead try using one of the WiFi apps (Portal is another.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084