Stuck trying to clear cache partition...

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
OK...I have a Moto Maxx XT1225 but I believe clearing the cache partition is the same as the DROID Turbo (it's immediately below my question).

I always get hung up after step 5 (below) - i.e., when I press the up volume 10-15 seconds and then tap the power button, NOTHING happens...no additional menu options appear as listed below for step 6.

Does anybody have any advice/tips?

FYI, here's steps 1-6 as mentioned above:

1. With the phone powered off,*press*the*VOL*DOWN KEY*for 2-3 seconds then*POWER*key then release;

2. The device will display*different BOOT*OPTIONS;

3. Use the*VOL DOWN*Key to SCROLL to Recovery*and*POWER*Key to select;

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have*waited to long to make a selection, you*will need to begin the process again.*

4. The device will display*the*Motorola logo and then*the*Android in distress*(logo with Exclamation mark);

5. Press and hold the*VOL UP*key for*10-15 seconds.*While still holding*the*VOL UP*key*tap and release the*POWER*key;

Tip: You can*try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are*stuck on step 6, try a*force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.

6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in*BLUE);

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Try again, but just press and hold volume up and then try tapping the power button. Other wise, try it the other way around. Press and hold power then click the volume button.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, tried the first method with no luck.

I just then tried different combinations, and what worked for me for step 5 was a variation (?) of your second suggestion - to press the power button then tap the volume up (if I'm remembering correctly). The subsequent cache clearing took quite a while (like many others here).

I guess the PR XT1225 uses the same method as the Moto X to get to cache wipe:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...moto-x-into-recovery-so-i-can-wipe-cache.html

In any case, thanks for the input\help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

eewwyeah

May 13, 2013
Visit site
and when you do finally get it to work, it takes forever. Both times I've done it since the update I thought it was stuck. I just left it and it finally cleared

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
For me, the time required to complete cache cleaning on LP is about half as long as it was on KK. Now, +/- about 10 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki