Just upgraded to turbo from maxx, questions

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Is this good battery life? 12 hours off charger, 3 hours Bluetooth calling, 3.5 hours screen time and 25% battery left.

How do I increase force of vibrate?

How do I get the dial keypad on always?

Why does the phone put some of my contacts when I call them onto favorites of the dialer?

Thanks for your help.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this good battery life? 12 hours off charger, 3 hours Bluetooth calling, 3.5 hours screen time and 25% battery left.

How do I increase force of vibrate?

Can't do it with stock Turbo. There might be a third party app for it.

How do I get the dial keypad on always?

You mean when you tap the phone icon you want it to pull up the keypad instead of contacts? I don't think you can. You have to tap phone, then the keypad icon.

Why does the phone put some of my contacts when I call them onto favorites of the dialer?
Thanks for your help.

It's anticipating who you call them more often than other people. After a couple of weeks you will have the people you call most frequently on the favorites list. You can also manually add people to your favorites list.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't do it with stock Turbo. There might be a third party app for it.

You mean when you tap the phone icon you want it to pull up the keypad instead of contacts? I don't think you can. You have to tap phone, then the keypad icon.

It's anticipating who you call them more often than other people. After a couple of weeks you will have the people you call most frequently on the favorites list. You can also manually add people to your favorites list.

Is this good battery life?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere here is a thread about battery life. I used to get 40+ hrs. Now about 10 to 12, with about the same screen time as you.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would. That's what I did with a replacement from vzw. I lost 75% battery capacity with the update. Which is unacceptable.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I would. That's what I did with a replacement from vzw. I lost 75% battery capacity with the update. Which is unacceptable.

Do they know what on the update is causing the battery drain?

Today I got pretty decent battery. 1 day 10 hours with 2.5 calling and 4 hours screen time. Is that more like how kit kat was?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's a screen shot I took just now. Been working outside all day and not used it much but this is KitKat. So yes the use time is low. But with lp I would be around 25%if I'm lucky. I will stay on KitKat. Until they get these issue fixed maybe with M.

Attachments

• 1438561269778.jpg
    1438561269778.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery took a hit after the update but only for a couple days.

When i am off work a few days i can get 30 hours, w roughly 3 hours ost and mainly phone calls.

I had the maxx, and to be honest it should be about the same as the maxx since the turbo runs a bigger quad hd screen, and has different hardware.

If you just got the phone give it a week, because all the set up and updates when you first get it taxes the battery for a few days.

Also, i have my location set to battery saving, sync is turned off, and i have brightness set at half with the ambient light turned on. Also i never use vibrate, i dont need it and it also uses more battery.

Having it set like i do, i dont feel im losing any experience w the phone, and on a day i work i can get close to 5 hrs on screen time and make almost 2hrs of calls and still have 30 percent left after 14 hours off charger.

Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery took a hit after the update but only for a couple days.

When i am off work a few days i can get 30 hours, w roughly 3 hours ost and mainly phone calls.

I had the maxx, and to be honest it should be about the same as the maxx since the turbo runs a bigger quad hd screen, and has different hardware.

If you just got the phone give it a week, because all the set up and updates when you first get it taxes the battery for a few days.

Also, i have my location set to battery saving, sync is turned off, and i have brightness set at half with the ambient light turned on. Also i never use vibrate, i dont need it and it also uses more battery.

Having it set like i do, i dont feel im losing any experience w the phone, and on a day i work i can get close to 5 hrs on screen time and make almost 2hrs of calls and still have 30 percent left after 14 hours off charger.

Good luck

Based on this, it seems I'm getting normal battery life for a turbo.

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Did you do the second OTA update from Verizon, following the L 5.1 update (a few weeks later)? It supposedly fixed battery drain issues for some users. Following the forums, its been a mixed bag, most have seen no change or slight improvement following L 5.1, but some have reported major loss of battery. If you consider the hardware is constant across the board, then variables will be downloaded software & connectivity and usage environment. All in all for 2014 - 2015, you have Lollipop running on a device with still one of the biggest batteries available, so Droid T still seems like a good choice until we see 2016 with "M" shaping up.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you do the second OTA update from Verizon, following the L 5.1 update (a few weeks later)? It supposedly fixed battery drain issues for some users. Following the forums, its been a mixed bag, most have seen no change or slight improvement following L 5.1, but some have reported major loss of battery. If you consider the hardware is constant across the board, then variables will be downloaded software & connectivity and usage environment. All in all for 2014 - 2015, you have Lollipop running on a device with still one of the biggest batteries available, so Droid T still seems like a good choice until we see 2016 with "M" shaping up.

Yes all the updates

Looks like cell standby and Android OS are taking up lot of battery.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I also got the small update. Im happy w my battery, but if i am not on the phone much it says google services takes up most.. Which im guessing is understandable when im not using anything else really.

I leave my sync turned off, i just check my emails several times a day.

Like mentioned, its mixed results, i turn off what i dont need, but i like i can leave on what i do need and still get plenty of life. I refuse to ha e a phone i have to be careful with just to make it through the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance