I am curious if anyone else has run into this issue. Every once in a while (has happened 2 times in as many weeks) the phone or dialer APP will suck battery and throw off my typical discharge time WITHOUT me ever placing a call (let alone opening the phone interface). For example, as shown in the attached, I'm down almost 70% on just 19 hours and change of use, with just 2.5 hours of screen on time, with the phone app draining 7% without any phone usage. Typically, I can make it 24+ hours with 4+ hours of screen time on that level of battery drain.

Aside from those instances, battery has been great on L. Used to get, typically, about 26 hours before charging at 25%. Now, I consistently get 29+ hours on the same usage.

So, has anyone else seen the phone or dialer app cause large battery drain, even without making calls?
    Attached Thumbnails Random Drain Due To 'Phone' and 'Dialer' Apps-1438697442618.jpg  
    08-04-2015 10:11 AM
    When you say you are down almost 70% do you mean you are at 30% or you are down to 70%?

If you are off the charger that long and not really using the phone, and still at 70, thats not bad, because even on standby something is using the battery, and the list of things used can be misleading. Its not that you have a few things using a lot, its that you have a bunch of things using a tiny bit. Does that make sense?

The battery will be used by something, and normal standby or the occasional app "blinking for a second" will show up more on your usage because if your not on your phone much those little things will be higher on the list.

Hope i made that clear as mud lol, and i could be wrong but thats what i see if tour still at 70 percent and not actually down to 30.

I will say my standby time on the turbo has never been as good as my notes were.. Meaning at full charge (and phones are usually set up pretty similar) my turbo drains a bit faster than my note4. Dont know if its the always listening and moto display but there is a noticeable difference.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-05-2015 02:39 PM
    Down 70%, as in, the battery is at 30% remaining.
    08-06-2015 09:04 AM
    I dont know then. It certainly should not drop that much. Even though you say its not an everyday thing i would still look at a cache partition wipe in the recovery menu. Its not a fix all, but i would do that and if it still does it i would consider a factory data reset. Something is trying to connect to something or doesn't shut down in sleep mode like it should. I am guessing you a have good wifi and data connections. The phone isnt busy trying to find a signal on those days?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2015 02:21 PM