This may or may not be a Turbo-only issue, same qualifier for Lollipop as well. But, it is noticed, so I ask.

When I put an event on the stock Google Calendar, I specifically have my settings to say NO notifications. I look at the event when created and it has NO notifications. Yet 10 minutes before the event like clockwork, boom, notification.

If I've turned off notifications, why do I get them?

I'm going to go into the desktop version of Calendar and see what I can do there, but this notification stuff is annoying.
    08-05-2015 09:56 PM
    This issue has been discussed before on these forums and I recall having the same problem myself. Unfortunately, I don't recall if there is a remedy for the stock calendar. I switched to the aCalendar and have not looked back.
    08-05-2015 10:57 PM
    I went to the website and found a setting to turn off. Apparently the app isn't enough. You got to go to Google Calendars online and turn it off there.

But will it work? I will find out in due time as I have a scheduled event next week. (My calendar is kind of oddly quiet this week.)
    08-05-2015 11:05 PM
    You can always set up a fake event lol.

What i miss is the Samsung calander from my notes. I loved a full month view that i could make an entire page with.

I wound up using the Month Calander, its easy and lots of options while being simple.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2015 03:02 AM
    Well going to the desktop website worked. Turning them off there in addition to my phone killed notifications completely. The one I had set up for today never came whereas before it would have whether I liked it or not.

Sometimes I wonder why I start threads and ask questions when I randomly figure out the answer anyway. I suppose someone will find use in it and make it worth it and not make me seem stupid or foolish or something LOL.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2015 11:07 PM
    Make sure when you go into the calendar app that you check both the phone calendar and google calendar.
    09-13-2015 05:25 PM