I have a droid Maxx turbo and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the white Google search bar strip at the top of every screen the home screen and any other screen you slide over to because I like to use pictures from my wallpaper and the white bar gets in the way of some of the pictures I put up any help would be greatly appreciated thanks so much
    08-06-2015 03:53 PM
    I'm not familiar with the Motorola Launcher but is there a setting there for a persistent search? If you're using a 3rd party launcher like Nova, there is that option and if active, it places that search bar everywhere.

If not that option and it's a widget, then you should be able to tap and hold on the bar and drag it to the trash can to remove from the homescreen. If you can't tap/hold it, then it's probably the first option as this is not a normal widget.
    08-06-2015 04:00 PM
    08-06-2015 04:12 PM
    I recommend Nova launcher. Its super customizable and tons of people use it. I like it enough that I even paid for it.
    08-07-2015 10:08 AM
    +1 for Nova. I tried Nova and would never go back. I can now even use the space where the Google Search bar used to be.
    08-07-2015 02:34 PM
    Just hold down and the home screen and when options come up click home screen settings and uncheck show google bar.

It hides it, but its still there.. you cant see it but you cant put anything in its place. I like it better hidden.

This info is for the turbo, dont know if the maxx will do the same thing.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-07-2015 04:41 PM
    Just hold down and the home screen and when options come up click home screen settings and uncheck show google bar.

It hides it, but its still there.. you cant see it but you cant put anything in its place. I like it better hidden.

This info is for the turbo, dont know if the maxx will do the same thing.

Yeah but, for me, after the 5.1 update it flashes visible when plugging into charger, waking up, and various other weird times.
    08-07-2015 06:39 PM
    Yeah, mine does too.

08-07-2015 06:49 PM
    Yeah I believe it is a bug as of right now. Should be fixed when next patch comes out.

08-07-2015 11:04 PM
    Yeah I believe it is a bug as of right now. Should be fixed when next patch comes out.

A bug? I thought it was on every screen to have something to do with being able to say ok google from any screen (not moto always listening) since it first appeared on every screen with the original moto x and moto maxx.

I could be wrong. Could have just been googles way of having something on every screen llol

08-08-2015 07:47 AM