I have a bit of a dilemma concerning my screen and a software issue.

mhayes32

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
So I joined the droid turbo family on the 6th, and I'm not going to lie its been pretty rocky thus far. I was using my phone the day after I bought it and the screen went blank. The phone has been like this ever sense. The quick alert system still works and displays on the screen, the buttons all still work, the touch screen responds when you try to unlock it, but when you try all I see is black. The phone powers up normally, going through the motorola M logo and the droid animation, but the lock screen never comes up and I'm not able to access the lock pattern. I know its a software issue, and I know its a one in a million problem, and I know that a factory reset would likely fix it. The issue is that I took some pictures the morning of the problem that I really want to recover. My screen is not functioning so I can't click the dialog box and give permission for my computer to access my phone's hard drive. I also can't externally activate usb debugging mode, which would allow this. Verizon and Motorola have been useless with this problem. Both have thrown me around and have no idea what to do, and tell me that the pictures are lost. The hardware is in perfect condition and functioning, so it would logically mean that the pictures are still in place on the hard drive. I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any way for the pictures to be recovered. Thanks!

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My photos get automatically saved to the cloud. I can't remember if this is by default, or if I set it up this way. But I use Google Photos. Idk if you've had time to mess around with your Turbo much before it went blank, but maybe you could access the pics on another device that's signed into your Google account??

Posted via the Android Central App

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using the USB charging cable to connect to a computer? There is an app for computers called Android File Transfer. Also Verizon has a computer app, that once your phone is connected to the computer, prompts you to install. Then you would be able to drag photos over to your desktop. Worth a try?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I would plug it into a computer and get what you can off of it and have it replaced. If that's an option.

Posted via the Android Central App

SCHANEWOLF

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. It happens randomly every week or two. You can factory reset and fix it. It gets annoying having to configure all your settings and apps every time. This is my third droid turbo,the other two screen went out completely. Friday I am exchanging this phone for the LG G4

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for using a sub cable and android file transfer. You need to load it on your Mac. The ordinary Windows explorer may work on a pc. I don't think you need to load any software on the gadget.

You should be able to find your photos in a folder called something like dcim.

Just drag them to the computer to copy them there.

Then exchange your phone for one that works.

I've had the phone for a year and never seen anything like that. It's a flaw, and whoever you bought it from should replace it.