since the lollipop update, even with my ringer volume at the loudest, when someone calls, it is really low and then eventually becomes louder. it never did this before the update.

how can i make it so the volume of the ringer is constant?

i thought maybe there was a setting that i need to check / uncheck but didn't find one.

thanks
    08-09-2015 09:38 PM
    since the lollipop update, even with my ringer volume at the loudest, when someone calls, it is really low and then eventually becomes louder. it never did this before the update.

how can i make it so the volume of the ringer is constant?

i thought maybe there was a setting that i need to check / uncheck but didn't find one.

thanks
    I've noticed this as well. Happens with ringers and notification sounds. It's as if the sound fades in to full volume. Would love to get rid of it. Anyone?
    08-09-2015 11:21 PM
    This is a new feature of Motorola's lollipop. Not sure if you can change back to the KitKat version or not. I kind of like it. Sometimes I would be startled by an incoming call when my ringer volume was set too high, so for me, a nice change. Although it took a few calls to realize what was going on. Now I am used to it. Not a good situation for everyone though. I believe that the S6 has options for changing this, but I can't find it on my Turbo.
    08-10-2015 09:34 AM
    New feature, eh? I'm not digging it. If someone finds a fix I'd be very happy!
    08-18-2015 05:45 PM
    My prior device was a Samsung GS3 and it had this feature at least a couple of years ago on ICS or jellybean. I'm glad Moto finally added it as I really like it. I remember the reason back then was to avoid startling people with the abrupt loud ring. At that time I don't think it could be turned off on the GS3 either. Seems as there should be a setting for those who don't like it.
    08-18-2015 06:18 PM
    It makes setting the volume tricky too, because you want to hear the volume you're actually choosing with the slider, and you mostly hear this quieter thing instead. That's stupid.
    08-20-2015 08:16 PM
    I'd prefer it to be an option but that said, I do actually prefer the ascending volume.
    08-20-2015 09:20 PM
    I'd prefer it to be an option but that said, I do actually prefer the ascending volume.
    +1
    08-21-2015 12:22 AM