Droid Turbo Verizon Android 5.1 system version 23.11.39.quark_verizon.en.US.vzw

A

AC Question

Just upgraded Droid Turbo to Android 5.1 on Verizon. It now forces me to agree to location services every time I turn on gps. This is really annoying. I already know that I am agreeing to this when I turn it on. Is there any way to make it stop asking and just turn it on?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Just leave it on. GPS only uses battery when an app is looking for location services. It really doesn't save much battery, and a phone like the Turbo has a big battery anyway.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I leave mine on battery saving. If you really dont want it on you can turn it off but you will have to put up with the prompt. I figure this phone is pretty much always tracked anyway, and certain google stuff needs location so why not lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Battery Saving mode is very accurate and works fine for normal location service, and uses very little battery. The only time you need high accuracy mode is for navigation. When you switch from battery saving to high accuracy you won't get the prompt because location is already on.

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I have the GPS turned off and I get no location prompts. I simply turned off location services in the OS and in any app that asked me for it. Now I get no prompts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown