Anyone use the Audible.com app? Having notification problems with it

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I listen to a lot of book via Audible while I'm driving. The app doesn't let notification sounds through though. So if I get an email or a Waze notification the app just goes silent for 2 seconds while that notification sound plays, but plays silently. This is via bluetooth in my car btw. I asked Audible about it and apparently got a tech support rep that knew about as much as a verizon store employee. Does anyone know a way to have the notification sounds come through?

If I remember correct I think this only occurs via bluetooth and not if I'm just listening over the phone speaker. I'll have to test that to be sure. If I don't have a book going through the notification sounds come through fine though.

Last edited:

tamradc

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
In Audible, go to My Library, then Settings, then Notification Settings. Mine pauses Audible and plays the notification from Waze.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have mine set to "pause and then resume playback", but no go. As I added above, I think this might be a bluetooth issue as I think it only happens over BT. I changed it to lower playback volume to see if it makes a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza