The good:
    I recently took advantage of Motorola's screen assurance program and got my turbo replaced free. Just prior to replacing my other turbo I finally gave in and upgraded to lollipop 5.1. I was able to play Netflix on it without issue.
    The not so good:
    This phone gave me only audio on Netflix the first time I tried it.
    After 30 minutes on the phone with Netflix it was suggested that I call Verizon. The result of the first call to Verizon: do a factory reset. With this done Netflix played as it should, the first time. The next, audio only again. During the next call to Verizon the tech observed a huge amount (just over 2g) of RAM in use. I disabled enough of the crapware to reduce the RAM in use to just over 780mb. Still only video on Netflix! Before I throw away more time on the phone, does anyone have any suggestions? Overall I really like this phone, especially the display. But if i can't watch movies......
    Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-26-2015 09:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if some other app you installed is interfering. If you're willing to go through the hassle again, try doing another factory reset, but this time only install Netflix, and see if the videos play correctly more than once. If so, then something you habitually install might be causing the problem.
    08-27-2015 01:29 AM
    If 2nd factory reset doesn't solve problem, as B.Diddy suggested, I would contact Verizon and claim a hardware issue for another replacement. The "repair" you received back is more than likely a refurbished unit, not your original phone with new screen.

From Verizon website:

Will I get my original device back once it's repaired?

No, when you submit a claim, you'll be provided with a Certified Like-New Replacement device. Once your original device has been shipped to us, it won't be returned to you.

Before returning your device to us, be sure to back up your phone's content with Verizon Cloud. You can easily transfer your content through the pre-installed Motorola Migrate app once you receive your Certified Like-New Replacement.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-27-2015 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the replies!
    The only other app that I have installed is for craigslist. I'll take it off and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'm back on the phone to Verizon. Stay tuned!
    08-27-2015 08:59 AM