i had a galaxy 3 before and had all my business contacts in groups....by the towns they are located in...but I can't find any way to make groups or import my groups from the Galaxy to the turbo....PLEASE help
    09-01-2015 09:18 AM
    Great question as I now realize that I cannot find my groups. I had all my pizza numbers under pizza, etc. I had it on Kit Kat. Now what?

UPDATE: When I pull up a contact and hit edit, I can assign it to a group. Then while in contacts, I can pick customize under options for contacts to display. However there's no "group" displayed after it's selected. Huh, where are they?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 08:22 PM
    Only way I have found to do this is by desktop browser. Go to Gmail and sign in. On the top left hand side of the account click Gmail and choose contacts. In the contacts page you pick your group in the pull down menu on the left, choose group.
    Near the top of the contacts there is an edit pencil, another icon, and a envelope icon. Click on the envelope and it will send to your group.

There is an app to do this but I can't find the play store link.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    09-03-2015 10:37 PM
    Only way I have found to do this is by desktop browser. Go to Gmail and sign in. On the top left hand side of the account click Gmail and choose contacts. In the contacts page you pick your group in the pull down menu on the left, choose group.
    Near the top of the contacts there is an edit pencil, another icon, and a envelope icon. Click on the envelope and it will send to your group.

There is an app to do this but I can't find the play store link.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    I think you're talking about "Contacts Groups for Lollipop" by Flipdog Solutions LLC. It's not the same as it was in KK however. In KK, there were three different columns, Groups, All, and Favorites. In stock Lollipop, there are only two, All and Favorites. The aforementioned app only shows Groups, so I created a folder in the lower bar and put the stock Contacts app and the Contacts Group app in the folder. The only drawback is it adds an extra step (instead of selecting the Contacts app in KK, now I have to open the folder and make my selection), but it's better than not having access to my groups.

I simply can't fathom why Google (or Motorola) would think this was a good idea. The further an OS goes, the more functionality should be added, not less. Unfortunately, that seems to be Google's M.O. lately, dropping useful features for no reason.
    adayoff and cmtp592 like this.
    09-04-2015 01:26 AM
    I simply can't fathom why Google (or Motorola) would think this was a good idea. The further an OS goes, the more functionality should be added, not less. Unfortunately, that seems to be Google's M.O. lately, dropping useful features for no reason.
    I agree completely! Who or what board of people make these decisions?!? Way back when SMARTACTIONS was awesome! GONE! Sound profiles as part of the operating system, GONE! Scrolling banner verses stupid pop-up display of text messages, GONE! Groups in contacts, GONE!!

I like how apparently everyone who makes these decisions has never heard of leaving a good thing alone. Android is losing all the great things that have made me not even think about an iPhone. Great how the Turbo has had a forever wait for lollipop and now clearly awesome basic features changed.

Sorry, just venting on such a wonderful step forward with two steps backwards.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-04-2015 10:01 AM
    "Contacts Groups for Lollipop" by Flipdog Solutions LLC is well worth the $0.99 cost.
    09-07-2015 02:33 PM