How is your Turbo holding up?

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
My buddy's due for an upgrade and doesn't want too spend more than $100. Would you guys still recommend it?

And would you recommend the ballistic nylon version?

smokie11

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks and works as well as the day I bought it last November. Knowing I cannot kill that battery in one day is great peace of mind, all previous phones I was using charger during the end of the day.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The Turbo is still at the top end of best phones in my opinion.

I would recommend it in a heartbeat

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since opening day October 30th. A great phone. The best that I have ever had.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

edistopre

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Got it soon after introduction, and still don't see anything else I'd rather have.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My entire family has Turbos, four in all, acquired last December. Best phone any of us have owned. Three ballistic nylon, one metallic Kevlar. If your friend is going to put a case on it, it doesn't matter if the Turbo is nylon or metallic. If he wants the 64GB version it must be nylon. If he's thinking no case and 32GB I like the looks of the nylon but I think the metallic finish is slightly less slippery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
If your buddy can get a turbo for 100$ he should go for it. I have had mine since Nov 14. Flagship then and still nothing in 2015 mid range or flagship I would rather have. Yes I am sold on the form factors for 2015, read more premium look, but the compromise in battery size is too significant for me, I will stick with my red hunk of plastic until I see what 2016 brings.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I assumed the nylon was more grippy.

I bought the ballistic nylon on release day, and went back the next day and got a case.. i thought the nylon would have more grip but in reality it gets super slick super fast.

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My 64gb turbo has held up well, bought in Nov and battery life is stellar. I have to say I hate Ac, drops calls every week and I live in a good 4g area, called verizon several times and they can't fix the problem, see it only has one antenna 📶 and the turbo owners were the test dummies. IMHO.

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Turbo is still as fast and smooth as release day. I had the red and it was super slick. A friend also had the nylon and it got very dirty. We both had issues dropping our phones in the ocean (don't ask lol), and both of us picked up the regular black. It has a soft touch back feel and the grip is so much better than the red or nylon. Love this phone!

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I got my Turbo 64GB BN back in February as a birthday gift for myself. This is the best spec'd phone I have ever had and still outpaces most of the phones on the market now. It has held up beautifully and I would recommend this phone to anyone out there. Worth more than the $100 they're asking for it... Go for it!

I run with a Seidio Surface case on it and also use the Diztronic case from time to time. I like my phones cased to maintain their appearance. To each their own...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
How's the battery life for you guys after the 5.1 update?

I've seen about a 15% decline. Previously I could get through 2 full days with perhaps 15-20% remaining. Now I have about 50% (or less) remaining at the end of the first day so I have to plug it in every night. I don't know why Android System, Kernel (Android OS) and Google Services now use up about 20-22% of battery consumed by Apps, when previously it was less than 15%.

Mind, non-owners of Droid Turbos would be doing cartwheels if their phones would get 40 hours of life out of their battery for each charge.

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The Turbo is still at the top end of best phones in my opinion.

I would recommend it in a heartbeat

Did the turbo come out last year? I have the Maxx, which I think the turbo replaced. I was thinking of upgrading to the moto x pure addition or the Nexus 6. Should I just go for the turbo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781