After doing the Lollypop upgrade, I lose ringer volume after unplugging the Square Reader. The ringer is on silent, and the volume bar is grayed out. I have to reboot the phone to get it back.. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-15-2015 11:18 PM
    If your square reader mutes the ringer while connected, the software may be remaining in memory after the reader is disconnected. Go to settings / apps / running and look for the square reader app. If it is running do a force close and see if that solves it. Rebooting would do this same action.
    09-16-2015 08:15 AM
    After doing the Lollypop upgrade, I lose ringer volume after unplugging the Square Reader. The ringer is on silent, and the volume bar is grayed out. I have to reboot the phone to get it back.. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Does anything happen if you re-plug the Square reader and remove it? How about multiple times? The phone detects via software when headphones are plugged in, and since the Square reader uses the headphone jack, if there is any dust/corrosion in your jack the software may be getting confused. Perhaps the software just isn't that good about detecting the change; try removing the Square reader very quick, and if that doesn't help, try very slow.
    09-17-2015 11:17 PM