Why is the system time 1 hour behind

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
In the last couple of days, the time is showing 1 hour behind actual time. I checked the time settings and everything is normal. I am on Verizon. Anyone else notice this and what could be causing it?

If I turn the phone off and back on, the time comes up correct, but in a few moments it changes to 1 hour earlier.

RHS

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but not that close. I turned off automatic time zone in settings and it changed the time back to the correct time. If I turn it back on, it changes my time to 1 hour earlier. Sounds like a Verizon problem to me.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This was happening to me last night....well this morning, actually. But mine was switching 1 hr ahead. I'm in the Central Time Zone, if it matters. This was occurring between 12AM and 2AM that I noticed before going to sleep. When I first noticed it, I checked my settings and restarted the phone. It seemed back to normal, but it didn't last long. It was fixed by the time I got up this morning, but I noticed a missed alarm notification that I'm pretty sure never went off.

Posted via the Android Central App

skunked again

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Happening to me and my wife also. Central time zone. Started this afternoon.
Missed an appointment this evening because if this.
We are approximately 200 miles from closest time zone, eastern zone. Phones are going to mountain time zone.
When we take phones off auto, all is well.
What happened that this all of a sudden started?

Bjenison

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here, but time was set 1 hour early. I had an alarm set for 4:45 am, but it went off at 3:45. This is the first time it happened so I didn't think to check other clocks. Long story short, I ended up at work more than an hour early since there was so little traffic.
I drove from Costa Mesa to Palmdale and watched as the time changed over a dozen times. Verizon support says it's my fault even though time and zone are set to auto and I've only had the phone for 3 days.
Disabling network time and time zone have fixed it for now but that's not a valid solution for me. I'll post an update if Verizon ever responds.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I live in the mountain time zone and have had no problem with it changing times and set to auto. Only time I had that problem was when I was in Van Horn TX, walk a block and sometimes it would switch to mountain from central.
Sounds like something is screwed up with Verizon cell towers.
Could it be something to do with DST?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's almost certainly a cell tower issue. It may be that you're roaming to a non Verizon tower. It's clearly idiotic to say it was your fault, though. Too bad you can't report incompetent call center people somehow.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Definitely nothing you did. And I don't think its the phone either since its set to the network time. This happened to me. I changed no settings and it was fixed by early morning the next day. I have had no issues since.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000