Yikes! I had my phone sitting on a barrel in a brewery last week charging. Horror of horrors, turns out it was a barrel of caustic! An overhead line had also dropped a drip on the screen. I screamed internally, then powered it down and rinsed it off as carefully as I could. However, before I could get it rinsed of the caustic took the color off of the M on the back and slightly etched the fau kevlar. I can live with the cosmetic stuff, but when I powered it up a message came up that read " No SIM card". I pulled the SIM, carefully rinsed and dried it, reinstalled it, then powered up the phone. Now it always boots in safe mode. The volume down key is inoperable, so that explains why it's always booting in safe mode. I've tried spraying pc dusting air into the switch opening hoping to dry it, but it's been 3 days now and no joy. I've watched several videos detailing screen replacement, etc. but I haven't been able to find any info regarding volume button replacement. Obviously my warranty is gone due to the caustic exposure. Any ideas?
    09-20-2015 12:24 PM
    This probably won't help because it sounds like the caustic may have etched some of the circuit away. But you may want to try carefully cleaning the Sim with CorrisionX or something similar. Or try the same thing with electrical contact cleaner, usually available in spray cans in the electrical section of Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. Good luck!
    The same thing can be used to try to help the volume rocker. But try these at your own risk, you could do more damage if you're not careful.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-20-2015 09:22 PM