Has anyone found a way to increase (and maintain) a louder volume from the speaker while using speakerphone or Bluetooth speaker? My Maxx was awesome!! I thought for sure when I got the Turbo it would be equivalent.

I often find myself disappointed in the output. The really strange part is that I swear that it changes somehow. One phone call on speakerphone is great. Same number calls back later and not so much! I didn't change anything. I then try to increase my volume to no avail. My Bluetooth does that as well watching a YouTube video. I can start the video nice and loud. Stop it for a bit to return later and I can't hear the dang thing. The mysterious fluctuations drives me crazy.

Any ideas? I use all factory Android software without any additional apps, etc. for volume controls. All levels are set to high. No droppage or any damage to the speaker or phone.

Wow, apparently I started this same topic/post one other time. My bad. Obviously frustrated still and nothing has changed by getting Lollipop. Ha!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-22-2015 09:51 AM
    Turning my phone off and back on resets it apparently. But what is the driving factor behind the issue?
    09-22-2015 09:55 AM
    I had the same problem. I tried a program called Persistence without success. I call Moto tech support and received a Turbo under warranty. Let's see if the problem goes away.
    09-22-2015 08:07 PM
    I have had my Droid turbo nylon ballistic 64 GB for a year now, And I have just give up on trying to get the volume up enough so I don't have to strain to hear it, it works OK with a blue tooth speaker, So every where I go people ask what is that hanging on your shirt. I don't want me no. More droid turbo. Got one more year then I will be using a moto G.

09-25-2015 06:23 PM
    Ok, I have had the new Turbo for several days. I cannot tell you the source of the issue but new phone fixed it. The Turbo came with 4.4,I updated to 5.1 and then reset it. Let's hope that the problem remains fixed. Also much better battery life.
    09-26-2015 09:52 AM
    New phone fixed problem.
    adayoff likes this.
    09-30-2015 09:40 PM
    New phone fixed problem.
    Thank you for the info. Apparently I will have to make a warranty claim and get a newer refurbished I guess.

10-01-2015 09:14 PM
    The new phone started to drop the audio on the speaker 🔊 and I think that there is a conflict on 5.1 and audio effects. I disabled audio effects in apps and now have gone two days without a problem. Good luck!
    10-08-2015 10:39 AM