12-05-2016 01:00 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    Motorola is really good at getting updates out, its Verizon who slows everything, I wish Android went the way of Apple, they control the updates not the carriers.
    10-16-2015 03:49 PM
    Motorola is really good at getting updates out, its Verizon who slows everything,
    That's speculation. Last year's Verizon Moto X was the first carrier model to get Lollipop (which turned out to be a disaster), and Verizon seems to be pushing updates for Samsung and LG phones pretty fast.

Since the Lenovo sale, Motorola's OTA update performance, even for their unlocked phones, has continued to worsen. I don't think the reason is Verizon.
    10-16-2015 04:44 PM
    Any idea when turbo owners can expect upgrade

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2015 06:10 PM
    As soon as they get a good stable build of CM 13 rolled up.
    Tim Bell1 likes this.
    12-08-2015 06:20 PM
    Nobody knows, but I wouldn't expect it before next March. And it's likely to be after that.
    Tim Bell1 likes this.
    12-08-2015 06:50 PM
    My Verizon contract expires in less than 2 months. If the upgrade comes before the contract expires, I'll stick around. But if it doesn't, I'll buy a Nexus 6P and move to Project Fi.

I have to confess that the upgrade from Kit Kat to Lollipop took far longer than I expected or wanted. It's still unclear if that's due to Verizon or Motorola but past performance in the last upgrade doesn't instill confidence. While I like the Turbo, the 6P's reviews are pretty good and the finger print security is an attractive feature for me.
    rxgadget and Ketwoman like this.
    12-08-2015 11:40 PM
    Just kidding, any news on when it be released for the Turbo?

:-)

12-09-2015 12:28 PM
    My Verizon contract expires in less than 2 months. If the upgrade comes before the contract expires, I'll stick around. But if it doesn't, I'll buy a Nexus 6P and move to Project Fi.

I have to confess that the upgrade from Kit Kat to Lollipop took far longer than I expected or wanted. It's still unclear if that's due to Verizon or Motorola but past performance in the last upgrade doesn't instill confidence.
    I agree with this statement. My guess is Verizon was the culprit, but nevertheless, I have reason to believe that the Marshmallow update is going to be just like the Lollipop update: Enormously delayed.
    But this may be good, as Lollipop for the Turbo turned out great, as Moto/Verizon took that extra time to polish it up. So I expect the same treatment from the company this time around as well.

My prediction: April.

12-14-2015 01:25 PM
    It looks like Marshmallow for Turbo 2 may be on the horizon? Droid Life is reporting that it's rolling out to Verizon employees: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/12/14...droid-turbo-2/

I know these are different phones and the T2 is the new darling flagship, but one can only hope this bodes well for us loyal Verizon Droid owners =)
    VZWsucks and Phoenix212 like this.
    12-14-2015 04:11 PM
    It looks like Marshmallow for Turbo 2 may be on the horizon? Droid Life is reporting that it's rolling out to Verizon employees: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/12/14...droid-turbo-2/

I know these are different phones and the T2 is the new darling flagship, but one can only hope this bodes well for us loyal Verizon Droid owners =)
    That's probably the best anybody can surmise at this point. I was considering going over to Project Fi as well but didn't want to buy a new phone since the Turbo is still a heckuva device (much love to the all day battery life (not "48 hrs" but still very good)). Plus, with the extra GBs of data that VZW has been giving out lately, I've been able to move down to the Size Medium plan (3GB data) and still get 6GB of data, at least for now.

Check out the free data VZW giveaways including 2GB thru December billing cycle and an extra 1GB for two billing cycles if you download their junky video app (which you can immediately delete after registering).
    12-21-2015 12:43 PM
    Well for those interested in trying out project fi and the tasty goodness of marshmallow, Amazon is running a deal right now on the Moto Nexus 6 for $250 (32 gb) and $300 (64gb). They also have the 64 gb Nexus 6P for $50 off retail at $500.
    12-21-2015 01:11 PM
    I'll be getting it as soon as cyanogenmod gets it up to snuff.
    12-21-2015 06:40 PM
    will the droid turbo 1 be getting it?

anyone know?
    02-09-2016 06:05 PM
    02-09-2016 09:36 PM
    I think this is the first smartphone I've owned where people aren't screaming bloody murder en masse because they don't have the latest upgrade yet. Maybe because so many got burned by 5.0? Kinda weird...

Posted via Moto Turbo
    leprechaun007 likes this.
    02-09-2016 10:57 PM
    More like most of us are glutten-for-punishment, die-hard Motorola loyalists who've become used to being, um, 'shafted'.
    dawghowse likes this.
    02-10-2016 07:27 AM
    I think for those of us early buyers who waited so long for the L update in 2015, which post mortem was a good decision because of early glitches with L 5.0, we are just not anticipating anything different for M. I believe it will come, as Moto says, but timing who knows.
    mrtonk and dawghowse like this.
    02-10-2016 09:05 AM
    I think this is the first smartphone I've owned where people aren't screaming bloody murder en masse because they don't have the latest upgrade yet. Maybe because so many got burned by 5.0? Kinda weird...

Posted via Moto Turbo
    Maybe cause everything is working and an update usually brings problems?
    02-11-2016 05:30 PM
    Maybe cause everything is working and an update usually brings problems?
    That's never stopped people before... I can go back into forums of pretty much every smartphone I've ever owned up until the Turbo and read the progression of complaints about why isn't the upgrade here, they are breaking their promises, I'll never buy from them again, the upgrade has been out for X months and we still don't have it.... then along comes the desperately-desired upgrade, immediately followed by a progression of complaints that it destroyed my battery life, WiFi doesn't work like it should, why did they take this feature out... etc etc etc. It's been as predictable as the sun rising in the morning, and, if you manage to step back a bit for perspective, almost hilarious! I'm kind of missing the show...

Posted via Moto Turbo
    02-11-2016 09:53 PM
    ^^^^^^^^ This.

02-12-2016 10:34 PM
    Agreed. I was on the forums daily awaiting info about L, but now I'm ok with whatever.

02-14-2016 09:53 PM
    02-19-2016 05:25 PM
    I'm glad they get most of the bugs out before a release , but there will still be a few and people will yell they released it to early lol
    02-28-2016 10:03 PM
    More like most of us are glutten-for-punishment, die-hard Motorola loyalists who've become used to being, um, 'shafted'.
    It'll get Marshmallow after the Moto X Pure Edition (third gen), Moto G (third gen), Moto E (second gen, non-US), DROID TURBO 2, DROID MAXX 2. The newer phones always become the priority.
    03-03-2016 12:12 PM
    I don't know even if the Droid Turbo will get 6.0. I do know that this is the first and last Motorola phone I get. Seriously delayed updates despite running near stock Android, poor communication from Moto, poor audio quality/volume, and battery life that does not live up to its promise despite routine use. No excuse for this cavalier treatment of its customers.
    soc_phish likes this.
    03-03-2016 01:53 PM
103 1234 ...