Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: marshmallow turbo, light that camp fire.

cue the i want marshmallow, when marshmallow, whats taking so long- they are always screwing us, marshmallow screwed up my phone, marshmallow is great, how do i go back to lollipop?, how do i block marshmallow update?..... threads

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

cue the i want marshmallow, when marshmallow, whats taking so long- they are always screwing us, marshmallow screwed up my phone, marshmallow is great, how do i go back to lollipop?, how do i block marshmallow update?..... threads

Ain't that the truth!

Posted via the Android Central App

mcgowane79

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Sh*t.....and I just got use to lollipop. Wait....knowing Motorola the update won't be for another year. :)

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Sh*t.....and I just got use to lollipop. Wait....knowing Motorola the update won't be for another year. :)

No...knowing Motorola, the update should be ready soon...
Knowing VERIZON, the update won't be until Nutter Butter comes out. ..

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

cue the " let motorola have the great press and marketing of announcing a long list of phones getting upgraded, but when anyone expects them to deliver cry and moan about their expectations" crowd

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

mods must have edited my incredibly clever thread title to this boring informative one: "Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO"
bah humbug

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
9dfe041b2ea18fbe3bf667d19e446206.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm more interested in knowing if they will be supporting the new Droid Turbo 2 in a year from now. Seems to me they are pulling away from carrier phone updates so if you buy the new Droid Turbo 2 through Verizon will it be stuck on Marshmallow forever.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm more interested in knowing if they will be supporting the new Droid Turbo 2 in a year from now. Seems to me they are pulling away from carrier phone updates so if you buy the new Droid Turbo 2 through Verizon will it be stuck on Marshmallow forever.

That's a valid concern. There are a lot of upset folks with carrier branded 2014 Moto Xs that won't be getting Marshmallow and yet the 2014 Pure Editions will.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The DROID TURBO is on the list but the VZW second gen Moto X isn't. I think that's a good sign for whatever the next DROID may be.

jrmt077

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well one good thing I guess, the Turbo threads have just about died off, maybe this news will spark some new conversation to keep Turbo alive. I thoroughly enjoy L 5.1 and look forward to L 6.x as I plan on keeping this phone for at least another year. Nothing in 2015 has sufficiently moved ahead to spark my interest. I remember reading one of the original reviews of Droid Turbo where they stated it was "future proof" because of high specs and that certainly proved true for the 2015 season.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Put a reminder in your calendar for next May 1. If you have marshmallow by then, that's great. If not, hopefully it's coming soon. Up until then, Motorola will be concentrating on updating their own brands and whatever the new droids are this year (unless they somehow come with marshmallow this year).

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

Glad to see this is pretty much universal. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36