Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Que the pot-stirring music: LG G3 on AT&T just got updated to M. Yup, a THREE generations old phone (G3, G4, G5) just got M and our lovely two-generations old Turbo is still sitting forlornly on the sidelines.

Posted via Turbo

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Eh I gave up months ago

Posted via the Android Central App

Here’s a pro tip on a Wednesday – stop buying Motorola and Verizon’s exclusive DROID phones if you care at all about software updates or security. I say that because Motorola and Verizon don’t seem to care about keeping them up-to-date, even as Google and the rest of the Android industry are at least doing their best to provide timely security patches.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/04/27/motorola-verizon-droid-turbo-dont-buy/

DeerSteak

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yep, as soon as Lenovo got their hands on Motorola, all the promises of timely updates and long-term support went out of the window.

Remember when the Verizon OG Moto X and 2013 Droids were basically the first non-Nexus phones with KitKat? Those were good times, right?

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Ridiculous Droid Turbo

I see on Android Central today that the Sony Z2 and Z3 are getting Marshmallow now... A phone with almost no USA support from carriers. Absolutely ridiculous that we don't have this yet. Droid turbo is supposed to be like Verizons in house Nexus phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ridiculous Droid Turbo

Droid turbo is supposed to be like Verizons in house Nexus phone.

Verizon *never* advertised any of their Droid phones that way. Only the OG Droid was easily unlockable, as it was the quasi-Nexus for Eclair 2.0, before Google started the Nexus idea/brand.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Verizon *never* advertised any of their Droid phones that way. Only the OG Droid was easily unlockable, as it was the quasi-Nexus for Eclair 2.0, before Google started the Nexus idea/brand.

I know they didn't but they inferred it. I am still happy with lots about this phone. If the camera were better I might go well beyond my expired contract date in October.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

I know they didn't but they inferred it.

You probably mean to say that they implied it, but, honestly, I think the issue is that you inferred it, not that they implied it. (People who make or publish statements suggesting things make implications, and people who hear or read statements and guess at hidden meanings make inferences. They are two sides of what can be the same coin, or sometimes two sides of different coins, but the two words mean different things.)

There certainly has never been any corporate communication from Verizon Wireless that suggested (implied) that the Turbo would be treated like a Nexus device when it comes to upgrades. I can't speak for anything a salesperson would say, because many will gladly spout any statement that makes you buy a phone and continue service.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Now that the Maxx 2 is getting Marshmallow, I'd say that the Turbo is on the clock. They never update an older Droid before the newer ones are updated.

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I'm thinking June/July around the same late time we got LP

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I'm thinking June/July around the same late time we got LP

Just in time for the Droid 3 announcement and most of our two year contracts to end :eye roll:

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I kind of feel the same way. The Turbo is almost two years old now, I remember how upgrading to Kit Kat ruined my Razr M. My Turbo runs fine with Lollipop, not too sure I want to risk an upgrade at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer