12-05-2016 12:00 PM
103 123 ...
tools
    10-02-2015 11:15 AM
    Here we go again...

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo
    mrtonk and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-02-2015 11:27 AM
    cue the i want marshmallow, when marshmallow, whats taking so long- they are always screwing us, marshmallow screwed up my phone, marshmallow is great, how do i go back to lollipop?, how do i block marshmallow update?..... threads
    10-02-2015 11:45 AM
    Some clarification on Assist: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/108264
    maxman1, mcgowane79 and jrmt077 like this.
    10-02-2015 12:17 PM
    cue the i want marshmallow, when marshmallow, whats taking so long- they are always screwing us, marshmallow screwed up my phone, marshmallow is great, how do i go back to lollipop?, how do i block marshmallow update?..... threads
    Ain't that the truth!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ry likes this.
    10-02-2015 12:50 PM
    Sh*t.....and I just got use to lollipop. Wait....knowing Motorola the update won't be for another year.

MattRevs and Bagua like this.
    10-02-2015 12:56 PM
    Sh*t.....and I just got use to lollipop. Wait....knowing Motorola the update won't be for another year.

No...knowing Motorola, the update should be ready soon...
    Knowing VERIZON, the update won't be until Nutter Butter comes out. ..

10-02-2015 02:46 PM
    cue the " let motorola have the great press and marketing of announcing a long list of phones getting upgraded, but when anyone expects them to deliver cry and moan about their expectations" crowd
    10-02-2015 04:31 PM
    mods must have edited my incredibly clever thread title to this boring informative one: "Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the DROID TURBO"
    bah humbug
    10-02-2015 04:41 PM
    Will our phones even get Marshmallow

10-02-2015 04:44 PM
    How's your battery life after Marshmallow?
    10-02-2015 05:36 PM
    Here we go again...

Posted via the Android Central App on my Droid Turbo
    "Just when I thought I was out ..
    They pull me back in"
    ..... Michael Corleone

anon(9227267) likes this.
    10-02-2015 11:14 PM

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    adayoff, maxman1, Bagua and 2 others like this.
    10-03-2015 02:32 PM
    I'm more interested in knowing if they will be supporting the new Droid Turbo 2 in a year from now. Seems to me they are pulling away from carrier phone updates so if you buy the new Droid Turbo 2 through Verizon will it be stuck on Marshmallow forever.

10-04-2015 09:21 AM
    1st world problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 10:12 AM
    I'm more interested in knowing if they will be supporting the new Droid Turbo 2 in a year from now. Seems to me they are pulling away from carrier phone updates so if you buy the new Droid Turbo 2 through Verizon will it be stuck on Marshmallow forever.

That's a valid concern. There are a lot of upset folks with carrier branded 2014 Moto Xs that won't be getting Marshmallow and yet the 2014 Pure Editions will.

10-04-2015 12:41 PM

The DROID TURBO is on the list but the VZW second gen Moto X isn't. I think that's a good sign for whatever the next DROID may be.

10-04-2015 03:24 PM
    Well one good thing I guess, the Turbo threads have just about died off, maybe this news will spark some new conversation to keep Turbo alive. I thoroughly enjoy L 5.1 and look forward to L 6.x as I plan on keeping this phone for at least another year. Nothing in 2015 has sufficiently moved ahead to spark my interest. I remember reading one of the original reviews of Droid Turbo where they stated it was "future proof" because of high specs and that certainly proved true for the 2015 season.
    10-05-2015 07:48 AM
    Put a reminder in your calendar for next May 1. If you have marshmallow by then, that's great. If not, hopefully it's coming soon. Up until then, Motorola will be concentrating on updating their own brands and whatever the new droids are this year (unless they somehow come with marshmallow this year).
    10-05-2015 01:34 PM
    Glad to see this is pretty much universal. ;-)
    10-13-2015 02:59 PM
    Maybe I am sunshine pumping but the main delay with our lollipop was skipping 5.0 because of VoLTE. I think it's reasonable to expect we won't be SO far behind other moto updates again. Obviously, with Verizon involved, we won't be on the same schedule as the Pure phones.

I'm probably gonna get a Turbo 2 based on these hopes
    10-14-2015 09:44 AM
    Maybe I am sunshine pumping but the main delay with our lollipop was skipping 5.0 because of VoLTE.
    Speculation. It's also possible that it was because of a lack of resources at Motorola. And they've just laid off a bunch more people.

in 2014, when Motorola was still owned by Google and they had done a great job getting KitKat updates out rapidly, it wasn't until May that they had an update for the 2012 Droids. That's why I think the Turbo will be lucky to get it before May 2016 - that was the best-case Motorola update performance on year-old hardware (when the Android update was released - KitKat was out on November 2013), and Motorola has done nothing to show that they are getting faster at this. (To be honest, after last year's piece of junk Lollipop 5.0 update, I think I'd want them to wait until at least after 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 was out before they even thought about upgrading anyway.)

If I were buying an Android phone right now, the only ones that I'd consider are the Nexus 5X or the Nexus 6P. I don't want Touchwiz or whatever LG puts on their phone or I'd consider one of theirs, too. It's not just Android updates - I just don't trust Motorola on keeping their phones patched for security updates anymore.
    10-14-2015 10:32 AM
    Maybe I am sunshine pumping but the main delay with our lollipop was skipping 5.0 because of VoLTE.
    Speculation. It's also possible that it was because of a lack of resources at Motorola. And they've just laid off a bunch more people.
    My apologies: you were right. I had forgotten about this from March 25: https://twitter.com/rosterloh/status/580845535973740545

Some questions on L on Droid. We wanted to ship VoLTE on Droid first, and now that this is done, we are turning our focus to L. #AskRickO
    I still have doubts about Motorola's ability to support their phones going forward, though.
    10-14-2015 11:01 AM

in 2014, when Motorola was still owned by Google and they had done a great job getting KitKat updates out rapidly, it wasn't until May that they had an update for the 2012 Droids. That's why I think the Turbo will be lucky to get it before May 2016 - that was the best-case Motorola update performance on year-old hardware (when the Android update was released - KitKat was out on November 2013), and Motorola has done nothing to show that they are getting faster at this. (To be honest, after last year's piece of junk Lollipop 5.0 update, I think I'd want them to wait until at least after 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 was out before they even thought about upgrading anyway.)

If I were buying an Android phone right now, the only ones that I'd consider are the Nexus 5X or the Nexus 6P. I don't want Touchwiz or whatever LG puts on their phone or I'd consider one of theirs, too. It's not just Android updates - I just don't trust Motorola on keeping their phones patched for security updates anymore.
    During the KitKat updates, they had these phones: first gen Moto Xs, first gen Moto Gs, and the three DROIDs + previous generation DROIDs.

During the Lollipop updates, they had first and second gen Moto Xs, first and second gen Moto Gs, DROID TURBO, first and second gen Moto Es, the previous generation DROIDs.

And Lollipop 5.0 was a disaster. Second gen Moto X Pure Edition got 5.0 and it sucked. Carrier Moto Xs got 5.0 and it sucked. Motorola got burned. I'm glad they took their time with 5.1.

Even still though, now that Nexus phones can be used on all US carriers and if updates are high on your list of features, there's no reason to buy a carrier device anymore.
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    10-14-2015 11:57 AM
    I would love to get a Nexus phone but I am not crazy about the hardware and unless ambient display is much improved, it is no match for Moto Display.
    10-15-2015 03:36 PM
103 123 ...