Of late, my Turbo Battery has only been lasting 6 hours, after being fully charged overnight. I took the phone in to the Verizon Store, where I was told that the Email Application installed with the phone is using too much battery -- 46% of the battery use. I have been having problems with mail not being sent, being stuck in the out box, as well.

The sales person at the Verizon Store advised me to use the aol application, rather than the Email Application that came with the phone; however, that did not help, as the Email Application was still running in the background, despite not being used.

So . . . the email application that came with the phone is still using 46% of the battery. Now what?
    10-13-2015 08:33 PM
    Force close the email app, then you can clear the outbox, I would recommend wiping data and using maildroid instead.
    10-13-2015 09:04 PM
    You'd also want to delete the account from the email app. I think you do that from the settings app, under accounts.

K9 Mail is also a great third party mail app in the Play Store. The stock email app on the Turbo is pretty crappy. The gmail app that comes with the phone can now also add imap accounts like AOL mail accounts - it's not only for gmail accounts anymore. I'd suggest trying that if you're shy about adding a third party mail app.
    jesta192 and dawghowse like this.
    10-13-2015 09:32 PM
    Yeah I used Aqua Mail for my droid to get my email, it works great, no problems that I've seen.
    10-16-2015 02:51 PM
    I found some of my battery drain was caused by the NFL MOBILE app. Much better after disabling it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2015 11:09 AM