I've had my Turbo since release and really do like the phone. I really like the almost stock interface, but Moto adds some nice features. I also like that it's not massive phone(although it's really heavy compared to my work S6) like some recent devices. I'm however really sick of dealing with Verizon on phone purchases and I'm assuming they will release a Turbo 2 at the Moto upcoming event. I spoke with Verizon the other day and they said I still owe $300+ on the phone and I don't even get to keep the damn thing at the end. I do like Verizon service but am considering the Nexus 5x and getting instant updates and not having to deal with leasing phones anymore. Anyone else having similar thoughts or already jumped ship?
    10-16-2015 09:56 AM
    I had a Droid Maxx (I never got the Turbo) and was due for an upgrade. I've decided I'm tired of Android and the crap in the last year with Lollipop, so I went with an iPhone 6s this time (after six years with Android). If I were going to stay with Android, it would *only* have been a Nexus 5x for me.

If I had a Turbo right now, after only one year, I'd stay with it, presuming I wasn't having any major issues with it (some people have issues with Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.) and wait until next year, or until the phone crapped out. Obviously that's what I did with the Droid Maxx.

I did get the iPhone with Edge (first time for me), but I'm pretty sure I'm either going to buy outright or finance from the manufacturer rather than buy from Verizon going forward. I'll honestly never buy a Droid brand phone again, and Motorola has lost me as a customer unless something changes in the next couple of years. As much as I possibly can, I'm going to try to go a full two years (or even longer) between devices (which I've always done, though it was always 20 to 24 months, back when Verizon let you upgrade at 20 months.)

But, again - that's me. We're all different.
    10-16-2015 10:09 AM
    I'm unfortunately one of those people who like to have the shiny new toy. It's an expensive Curse I've got no problems with Moto. I was considering an X Pure too. It's strictly Verizon. I just don't like lack of control I have over purchase. I've got an ipad and a mac laptop and desktop and love it, but have never taken to an iphone. Not sure what I'll do yet.
    10-16-2015 10:25 AM
    I'm a motorola person so I'm kinda biased towards them, I've seen and used the Nexus but I just wasn't impressed with it as much as I was using the droid. Plus I like the 5.2 screen better then the 6.0" screen.
    10-16-2015 02:43 PM
    Plus I like the 5.2 screen better then the 6.0" screen.
    The Nexus 5x is a 5.2" display. It is just shipping out now - a brand new device. I assume you are talking about last year's Nexus 6?
    10-16-2015 03:41 PM
    I've had my Turbo since release and really do like the phone. I really like the almost stock interface, but Moto adds some nice features. I also like that it's not massive phone(although it's really heavy compared to my work S6) like some recent devices. I'm however really sick of dealing with Verizon on phone purchases and I'm assuming they will release a Turbo 2 at the Moto upcoming event. I spoke with Verizon the other day and they said I still owe $300+ on the phone and I don't even get to keep the damn thing at the end. I do like Verizon service but am considering the Nexus 5x and getting instant updates and not having to deal with leasing phones anymore. Anyone else having similar thoughts or already jumped ship?
    The underlined portion is not true. If you pay off the 300+ that phone is yours. You will have payed 650 or what ever the original price was . . If you are talking about the edge program you pay off half the phone then you turn in the turbo to upgrade to a new phone like the nexus.
    10-16-2015 08:23 PM
    If I did not stay with a Moto phone, I would go to an iPhone. I have no experience with HTC or LG, but don't believe that I want any of their phones. I'd like the new Turbo 2, but will need to take a look at it in the store,first.
    10-16-2015 08:32 PM
    I'm considering getting a Nexus 6P. I did not like having to wait so long for the Lollipop update, but it was well worth it. I know Verizon was making sure they worked out all the kinks, but it still took a long time that I couldn't even believe it when it happened.

I will miss all the extra Moto features, but I'm sure I can can find replacement apps and learn to live without some features. I still love the company (customer service aside) ever since the launch of the first Moto X, but I am scared of what Lenovo may have done with them.

The Turbo is still a great phone and I have no complaints about it, but I am tempted by Marshmallow, faster updates, premium build quality, finger print sensor, bigger screen size, and other gimmicky marketing ploys.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 06:12 AM
    That must have been bad information from the rep on the phone, but after some research of my own that does seem to be correct. Thanks for clarifying that. I'd go for the 5x, I think the 6P is just too big a phone despite it being the higher end device.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-19-2015 08:59 AM
    I like the idea of a turbo 2 I haven't had much problems with this phone how ever I have thought when I can I was gonna get lg or nexus but if the turbo 2 has better screen and better build I can handle that

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 11:41 PM
    Will we be able to purchase directly from Moto for a turbo 2?

10-22-2015 08:43 AM

Yes. It's supposed to be in moto maker.
    10-22-2015 08:43 AM
    Since VZW is upping the unlimited data fee I have been considering jumping ship to Project Fi with a Nexus 5X. I'm still considering it but I don't think the financial benefit is there for me. I regularly use 3-4 gb of data per month. Project Fi would save me maybe $10-20 per month. However, having spent $400 on the Turbo, I want to get my moneys worth. Even at its relatively low price, the cost of a new Nexus 5X outweighs the financial savings that I would get on a monthly basis with Fi. PLUS, I have heard only bad things about the T-Mo and Sprint reception in my area, where Verizon still rules.

I likely will be picking a new VZW plan and sticking with my Turbo.
    10-22-2015 11:04 AM

While there will be customization options I bet it will still be a Verizon exclusive and you'll have to go through them. There will be an international version I imagine.
    10-22-2015 10:19 PM
    There will be an international version I imagine.
    Right, that's already rumored, too - the Moto X Force. See Motorola Moto X Force - Full phone specifications
    10-23-2015 11:45 AM