Droid Turbo - Lock screen/Data recovery. Am I going to lose everything?

Sean Kenney1

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Droid Turbo - Lock screen/Data recovery

I have a Droid Turbo. This morning the screen stopped responding to touch. I took it into the Verizon store and they told me I was covered under the warranty but that I wouldnt be able to recover my data because I have a password on my phone. Is there a way to recover my photos and videos by bypassing the password? Or will I actually lose everything?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
How about attaching a USB between the Turbo and a computer to find the folders and files you want to save and move them to the computer? I don't have a password on my Turbo, so I'm not sure how that affects the ability to view your folders or if you can use the computer keyboard to enter the password.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, the phone needs to be unlocked to access data on storage when you connect to a PC. But, that's what I would try, for sure.

When you get your new phone, do yourself a favor and turn on automatic backup of photos and videos to an online service like Google (install Google Photos), Dropbox, Flickr, etc., so that you don't have to worry about this again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair