121,496 mobile packets?

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
My phone's battery drained from a full charge to 30% in 4 hours and the phone got really hot. I looked in the battery stats, and Chrome had used 21% of battery while other apps only used 2-3%. I clicked on the Chrome app for more details and found that it had received 121,496 mobile packets and sent 84,794, and the mobile radio was active for 2 hours and 14 minutes. This fast battery drain happened once before a couple months ago. Does anybody know what is happening here?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone's battery drained from a full charge to 30% in 4 hours and the phone got really hot. I looked in the battery stats, and Chrome had used 21% of battery while other apps only used 2-3%. I clicked on the Chrome app for more details and found that it had received 121,496 mobile packets and sent 84,794, and the mobile radio was active for 2 hours and 14 minutes. This fast battery drain happened once before a couple months ago. Does anybody know what is happening here?

Well, what tabs did you have opened in Chrome? Did you have a tab that is constantly getting data from the internet, like sports scores or something like that?

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
No open tabs of those kinds of sites that I know of. If this happened all the time I could maybe pin-point what it was, but its only happened twice since I got this phone 6 months ago. In both instances I checked my phone because it got so hot. Thanks for the reply, and I'll try to keep my tabs closed if that's the case.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it's a location issue? Like you have a site that you've given permission to track location and, when left open, keeps looking for location changes?

bigbadwulff

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Probably Google Now cards trying to pinpoint the exact route you should take home from work, like you don't know already...
Yes that was a joke.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Probably Google Now cards trying to pinpoint the exact route you should take home from work, like you don't know already...
Yes that was a joke.

Off topic, but. Open Google Now. Tap the menu control top left, then settings, then Now cards, then turn off "get notified about commute and time to leave".

Is that better?

bigbadwulff

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
No. I turned the whole Google Cards crap off. Totally stupid.
I left 'significant weather changes' ... for 1/2 hour until it prompted me we had light rain. Yeah we've had light rain for the past 3 days!
Totally stupid.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if it's a location issue? Like you have a site that you've given permission to track location and, when left open, keeps looking for location changes?

Maybe that could be it. Alot of sites ask for location and even though I usually decline, you never know.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes that was a joke.

Haha.. I never used Google now cards. I get through life just fine without Google telling me "what I need before I need it." Seems to me like more of a headache than anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463