Turbo for an upgrade

JustBlaze330

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
With the arrival of the turbo 2, is the on still a viable upgrade in terms of support? I have a iPhone 5 right now and might switch to the turbo 1 or 2, but I can grab the 1 a lot cheaper right now or should I go with the new?

quantum tao

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
the turbo is a good phone, a worthy upgrade at the right price. its bigger than your 5 though, if that matters. i have the turbo and dont really have upgrade envy, which is unusual for me after having a phone for close to a year. but the lumia 950 looks sweet.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
With the arrival of the turbo 2, is the on still a viable upgrade in terms of support? I have a iPhone 5 right now and might switch to the turbo 1 or 2, but I can grab the 1 a lot cheaper right now or should I go with the new?

To me there isn't much reason to upgrade from a Turbo to a Turbo 2 but all things being equal if I were you I'd go ahead and get the shatterproof screen. It's guaranteed for 4 years

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
To me it depends on what is important to you. Do you need long battery life above everything else? Then the Turbos are good. Will you be frustrated if the phone doesn't get Android version updates? Then I would think of other devices, like the Moto X or the Nexus 5x, or even the iPhone 6 or 6s.

The Turbo has decent specs for another year and maybe two, so it should be ok, but it likely won't get an Android update past the Marshmallow 6.x update. Whatever the N version in 2016 will be I would plan on not being made available to the Turbo - Verizon and Motorola only provide this year's and next year's updates historically, and the Turbo came out last year.