are you going to upgrade to the turbo 2?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i was thinking about it but not sure.

besides the shatterproof screen, external SD card and bigger screen to name a few, it doesn't sound that much more appealing.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
For Verizon to have been so slack on upgrading from Kit Kat to Lollipop, will the Turbo 2 be any different going forward to Marshmallow? The Turbo is a killer phone, I've had all the prior Droids and look forward to the 2, as I do want it, but I don't want to feel like the forgotten kid left on the bus. The Droid line should be a priority representing their company getting all the latest updates to new software and patches when issues arrive. I haven't felt that way with this 1st Turbo. I'm going to get it. I'm just a skosh nervous.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't. For me, it's mostly been the poor support of the droid brand by Motorola and Verizon the last 12 to 15 months, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I almost always buy phones for two full years, so, when I do, I want not only the specs to be good enough for two years, I want to know that the device will be supported, too.

Motorola is going to have to make some changes very soon to earn back my business the next time I buy a phone.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Not a chance. There is no way I'm paying $700 for a shatterproof screen and SD card slot. Other than that it's the exact same phone I have.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree with most of the comments above as to why I won't get the T2. Just not that much of a difference. I have the 64GB version, so I don't need an SD card. And most of all I don't want to wait around for 9 months for the T2 to get Marshmallow while lesser devices get updated quicker.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Droid Maxx. I'm not upgrading to the Turbo 2. It's 4G signal is terrible, worse than my Maxx. I compared it to the other phones in the store and it was a huge difference. The Turbo 2 was -109dB, my Maxx was -107dB and the HTC was -71dB. That just doesn't work for me.

Sent from my XT1080

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll be using my Turbo 1 until next year when I get a Nexus or may even move back to iPhone.

Yeah, Moto and Verizon have soured me that much.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I still have a Droid Maxx. I'm not upgrading to the Turbo 2. It's 4G signal is terrible, worse than my Maxx. I compared it to the other phones in the store and it was a huge difference. The Turbo 2 was -109dB, my Maxx was -107dB and the HTC was -71dB. That just doesn't work for me.

Sent from my XT1080

You can't always go by the signal strength in the store unless you are sure the devices are set exactly the same. I took my Turbo1 in the store and checked the signal strength with several other devices and they were all over the place like what you mention, with some in the -70 range compared to others nearly -110. I even took my Turbo and sat it next to other Turbos and mine was -80 and the display was -106. What I found is they had the network set to GSM and mine was on LTE. I switched the display model to LTE/CDMA and then it matched my Turbo. I also think they have 4G repeaters in the stores and depending on the band they use some devices pick up on them and have a ridiculously strong signal compared to others.

dawghowse

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
No, I'll stick with the Turbo 1. There is not enough new in the Turbo 2 to warrant changing right now. As a side note I'm happy with the Turbo it has worked very well for me. :cool:

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my XT1080

Like someone said in another post, unless you know what band you were on stop repeatedly posting this. You could have been on XLTE on two out of the three phones.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Between cost of the T2 and lack of anything exciting, why should I give up my current Turbo? No, I'll be waiting and watching for my next phone to come out eventually, more than likely not a Motorola... Sad but true

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo