the droid turbo 1 charger is 15 watts.

if you use the new turbo 2 charger which is 25 watts, will it charger the turbo 1 even faster or it would it not make a difference because the turbo 1 will out at 15 watts?

thanks
    11-04-2015 01:22 AM
    I've tried it with the charger that comes with the moto x pure edition. The rumor is that the new charger will charge the old devices(moto x 2nd gen or droid turbo) just fine but at a lower temperature. And that is basically true. I didnt notice any obvious speed difference. But i did feel that my turbo is a bit cooler with the 25w charger compared to the 15w charger. My theory is that the newer charger offers more flexibity in terms of voltage and amp so it can adjust accordingly to the temp. And since it doesnt charge faster and the battery doesnt go hotter. IMHO You can safely use the newer charger on your droid turbo.
    11-04-2015 06:22 AM
    There actually shouldn't be any difference. The phone draws the current it's designed to draw (assuming the charger is capable of providing that much current), it won't draw more current if more is available. (I normally charge my phones, powerbanks and headsets with a 30 Amp bench supply, so I don't need 4 or 5 chargers plugged in. None of them draw more current than they so using the charger supplied with them.)
    11-04-2015 06:32 PM
    The turbo charger that shipped with the Turbo 2 has a non removable cable. Personally I like the replaceable and removable cable. Bummer that the new charger if higher capacity. Which one do I keep?
    11-11-2015 08:17 PM