I just picked up a used Droid Turbo (Kevlar) on eBay and so far don't have a case or screen protector. How would you rank the Commuter, Tech 21 and Dilex Pro as far as best protection?

Watching videos of the Dilex Pro it doesn't seem to provide much protection at all from drops am I correct on this?

Does the bottom lip of these cases get pretty close to the bottom row of buttons on the Turbo making them harder to use?

If carrying in your front pockets of jeans are any of these three easier to use without snagging?
    11-06-2015 11:29 AM
    I just picked up a used Droid Turbo (Kevlar) on eBay and so far don't have a case or screen protector. How would you rank the Commuter, Tech 21 and Dilex Pro as far as best protection?

Watching videos of the Dilex Pro it doesn't seem to provide much protection at all from drops am I correct on this?

Does the bottom lip of these cases get pretty close to the bottom row of buttons on the Turbo making them harder to use?

If carrying in your front pockets of jeans are any of these three easier to use without snagging?
    I had all three you want to compare:

I have the Dilex Pro and the Tech 21. I like them both. I have dropped my Turbo while in the Dilex and there was no damage at all. If I want to carry my phone in my front pocket I switch to the Tech 21. Its a little slimmer and it slides out of the pocket better. Just a side note The Turbo in the Tech 21 will fit in the Dilex Pro Holster. Its lit was made for it.

As for the Otterbox Commuter... I sent it back after a day of use. It was way to slippery in hand and I could not use it on my wireless charger.

My Turbo also has an iVoler 0.2mm Glass screen protector. It took 5 to get one that would stick all the way around the phone screen with no pealing. Its been on the phone now for a year and still looks great.

And for the bottom lip.... The only case I have seen that interferes with that is the Lifeproof.
    11-07-2015 01:48 PM
    I had all three you want to compare:

I have the Dilex Pro and the Tech 21. I like them both. I have dropped my Turbo while in the Dilex and there was no damage at all. If I want to carry my phone in my front pocket I switch to the Tech 21. Its a little slimmer and it slides out of the pocket better. Just a side note The Turbo in the Tech 21 will fit in the Dilex Pro Holster. Its lit was made for it.

As for the Otterbox Commuter... I sent it back after a day of use. It was way to slippery in hand and I could not use it on my wireless charger.

My Turbo also has an iVoler 0.2mm Glass screen protector. It took 5 to get one that would stick all the way around the phone screen with no pealing. Its been on the phone now for a year and still looks great.

And for the bottom lip.... The only case I have seen that interferes with that is the Lifeproof.
    Thanks cbironman24 that's the comparison I was looking for! Maybe I'll go ahead and order both the Tech 21 & Dilex Pro. Do you find yourself using one more than the other?

Which Dilex Pro color did you go with always hard to tell by the pictures which look nice?

I was under the impression that the Tech 21 was bigger/thicker than the Dilex Pro but guess I was wrong.

Just curious if you had so much trouble with iVoler 0.2mm Glass screen protector any reason you didn't try other brands?
    11-07-2015 02:17 PM
    Thanks cbironman24 that's the comparison I was looking for! Maybe I'll go ahead and order both the Tech 21 & Dilex Pro. Do you find yourself using one more than the other?

I was under the impression that the Tech 21 was bigger/thicker than the Dilex Pro but guess I was wrong.

Just curious if you had so much trouble with iVoler 0.2mm Glass screen protector any reason you didn't try other brands?
    I would say I used the Dilex more. As they are both very close in size and will fit in the same holster, the Tech 21 did seem a little bigger when you hold the phone. I think this was do to the sides are more rounded.... the Dilex is kind of squared off more, if that makes sense. So yes the Tech 21 does feel a little thicker width wise. But the Dilex makes the back of the phone thicker. This is why the Tech 21 is better for pocket carry.

I would recommend getting both and trying them out. See what one feels better for you. Both are great cases.

As for the screen protectors, I did try a few. iVoler was the best out of all of them. If I had to buy another I would still go with iVoler. The others I tried were Spartan shield, Mime and Ghost glass.

On a side note, I just gave both these cases away becasue I upgraded to the Turbo 2. So now Im starting all over again. But the cool thing is the Turbo 2 fits naked in the Turbo 1 Dilex Pro hoster. So I kept that.
    11-07-2015 02:42 PM
    One more question if you don't mind. The only screen protectors I've ever used are the SuperShield type I know nothing about these tempered glass shields. What are the advantages and disadvantages?
    11-07-2015 02:49 PM
    One more question if you don't mind. The only screen protectors I've ever used are the SuperShield type I know nothing about these tempered glass shields. What are the advantages and disadvantages?
    I think the tempered glass are a little more durable. The main thing for me was the feel. They feel so much better to the touch. I didnt like the rubber feel of some of the non glass ones I had used on past phones.

But in the end they all do the same thing.
    11-07-2015 02:54 PM
    Ok thanks for your help!
    cbironman24 likes this.
    11-07-2015 02:55 PM
    I have a tech 21 that for on my 64GB Ballistic Nylon. I upgraded to Seidio Dilex Pro with holster. Note: send an email to Seidio support requesting a link to the correct Dilex Pro that fits the BN version. I love my Dilex Pro and the big pros are ability to use a holster and takes a beating with no damage to my phone in over a year now.
    11-08-2015 08:56 PM