For the last week or so my Turbo has experienced random instances of the screen going black while I use it. The notification pane is still visible, I can pull it down, I can act on the notifications (for example, tap on Photo icon, screen stays black but it switches to the Photos app because I can pull the left-side menu out!) but the screen stays black. The haptic buttons still vibrate but don't seem to change anything. I've let the phone sit for 15 minutes and the screen stays black. The only thing that helps is to shut down and reboot, and as it's starting through shutdown my lockscreen shows up for a moment, grayed out, before it shuts down.

I've not tried clearing the cache yet, thought I'd see if any others have dealt with this before I tried debugging. I don't think I've installed any new apps recently (just normal app updates), and the times I've checked available memory it seems fine (running around 1-1.5gb free or so). It's been happening about 4-5 times per day in the last couple of days.

Posted via Moto Turbo
    geeks rule likes this.
    11-09-2015 02:17 PM
    I've experienced this too. Black screen with working notification area. Haptic buttons don't always vibrate, though. My Turbo is new, so if clearing cache doesn't help, I'll return. I'm also seeing lockups and random reboots.
    11-13-2015 09:41 PM
    I've also experienced the black screen on my Turbo. Thankfully it doesn't happen often. Not sure what triggers it but I have to turn off my phone and reboot to fix it.
    11-17-2015 07:15 PM
    I'm having the same issues. It's starting to get annoying.
    11-19-2015 06:04 PM
    I've experienced this too. Black screen with working notification area. Haptic buttons don't always vibrate, though. My Turbo is new, so if clearing cache doesn't help, I'll return. I'm also seeing lockups and random reboots.
    I've not had time, have you tried clearing the cache yet?

Posted via Moto Turbo
    11-19-2015 06:06 PM
    FWIW, I never got around to clearing the cache but the problem seems to have gone away. Maybe a recent Google update?

Posted via Moto Turbo
    12-08-2015 05:16 PM
    This is an older post but my first two turbos never had this issue. Now with a replacement device which didn't have this issue for a few weeks, I now have this happen multiple times a day. It is frustrating and am wondering if a factory reset would actually work or if it's hardware related. It's not the temp of the phone and it happens whether I am plugged in or not.
    06-07-2016 08:23 AM