How can I recover deleted photos from Droid Turbo?

A

AC Question

I imported my photos on my computer last night from my phone. Typically I do this by creating a folder on my desktop, copying and pasting from the DCIM folder on the phone. I then will open up Picasa where I edit my photos. All of these steps seemed to work as they normally do (status bar completed, etc) so I went ahead and deleted the pictures in the DCIM folder. When I went to edit the photos, I realized that only about 10 of them were there... not the over 100 I had saved.

Any ways to recover off some hidden spot on the phone? I tried a free app which located many of the photos that were deleted, however, none of the ones I actually needed, which were only taken hours before. I'm thinking they never had a chance to save wherever these recovered ones went?

Help please!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
Did you happen to have this information backed up anywhere else? I always suggest having backups either on the cloud or on another hard drive (like your PC) -- If you didn't have these backed up then unfortunately this information is gone.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The files on the phone are most likely lost forever... there are some forensic data services that might be able to recover some, but the process is a) unreliable and b) extremely expensive.

Why not use Google Photos' backup service? It is easy to set up and configure and if you have the Google Drive client on your PC, it'll sync all your photos to your computer automatically. It's free, unlimited (if you use the 'high quality' option, which is indistinguishable from full quality... trust me) and extremely easy to use. My wife and I use it... saves a TON of time.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The files on the phone are most likely lost forever... there are some forensic data services that might be able to recover some, but the process is a) unreliable and b) extremely expensive.

Why not use Google Photos' backup service? It is easy to set up and configure and if you have the Google Drive client on your PC, it'll sync all your photos to your computer automatically. It's free, unlimited (if you use the 'high quality' option, which is indistinguishable from full quality... trust me) and extremely easy to use. My wife and I use it... saves a TON of time.

+1 on Google Drive backup, I can't imagine not having the peace of mind of not having my photos automatically backed up.

I don't think you need to download the Drive client into your PC, however. I just log into Drive via my web browser and download what I need to my PC.

Posted via Moto Turbo