I called Motorola with an issue with my Turbo. They escalated to level 3, then decided they were going to replace the phone with a refurbished unit. I agreed and went the route of their Advanced Exchange Program where they send me the refurb phone and I mail them back the old phone in the same box the refurb arrived in. They put a ~$550 hold on your credit card while it is in transit.
    When the refurb arrived, I packed up the old phone and took it to a FedEx Office with their prepaid label. The FedEx Office employee weighed it (0.6lbs), scanned it, and gave me a receipt.

When Motorola received the package, the box was empty! They filed a loss claim with FedEx and they denied it. Now Moto is charging me ~$550 for the phone. They claim I sent them an empty box, which is impossible as it had a phone in it when I shipped it.

I am sure there are crooks out there that mess with the system, but I am not one of them. Now I have to fight with Moto and my credit card company.

I thought I would post this just to vent...
    12-01-2015 07:38 PM
    Yikes.

Seriously - only Apple I think does this right (mostly because of their networks of stores and Genius Bars that will just swap a replacement or warranty issues.) This is a Verizon brand phone - Verizon should handle the exchanges anyway, not farm it out to Motorola.

Good luck, I hope that it works out for you.
    xweb10 likes this.
    12-01-2015 09:11 PM