I sync contacts with a corporate Exchange / Outlook account. I can manage contacts on the phone or PC. Any contact who has say a business, home or mobile number and a fax number specified, if I go to the dialer, start typing their name, it does show the contact and a number (no indication of type such as fax or cell) so I tap that choice. Sadly, no, I can't just tell from looking at the number if it is fax or not. The phone dials the fax # which of course is incredibly annoying to my ear and that this dumb phone doesn't know not to try a fax number as the first choice for any contact who has a fax number.

I know I can set the default number per contact but I have hundreds of contacts and to go through each one to see if they have a fax and change it would really suck. Is there seriously no way to tell the phone not to use fax as first choice by default?
    12-03-2015 12:02 PM
    That's very strange, since mine shows the number type on the right in the search results. Also, it doesn't seem to suggest the fax number as an option, just the numbers that are useful when working from a cell phone. Are you using a 3rd party dialer?
    12-03-2015 02:22 PM
    I'm not sure of the answer (I have a Droid Maxx and not a Turbo, and I believe that the dialers are quite different), but have you considered using the People app to search for contacts and dial from there rather than the phone app dialer?
    12-03-2015 03:15 PM
    Yes, I do that sometimes. The trouble is that usually I go to the phone to dial the phone, you know, because that sort of makes sense and it's quicker to just start dialing the first part of someone's name and select it rather than searching contacts. The trouble is this doesn't happen often but when it does and I'm holding the phone to my ear and get a loud fax tone, then I remember the issue but it's so infrequent that going to contacts everytime I want to initiate a call would also suck.

Right now I'm experimenting with different dialers. Dialer One I think can either show one name per contact and then when you initiate a dial, if there is more than one number, present them and ask which one you want or how I'm testing it now, after changing a menu setting, not grouping all numbers under one person so if a contact has multiple numbers, it shows them listed separately and the key to all this is that in either case, grouped or listed, it DOES show what type of number each one is so this may work.
    12-03-2015 03:39 PM
    Oh and this was with the native dialer. I just started messing with new dialer apps today after posting this.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2015 03:57 PM