So looking at swapping to the Verizon messaging plus app, it seems to do some things that I am looking for.. Two questions

Am I able to adjust the alert tone per user that sends me a message

Am I able to adjust the Notification icon that shows in the top bar of the phone per user (different Color per sender)

Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-07-2015 01:56 PM
    No and no, I fear. At least I've not found a way.
    12-07-2015 06:03 PM
    You can create alert tones per user.
    Einsteindks likes this.
    12-07-2015 07:47 PM
    Doesn't it use data for messages somehow instead of straight SMS?
    12-07-2015 10:48 PM
    Doesn't it use data for messages somehow instead of straight SMS?
    Thought I read that it uses wifi for text messages, was not sure about the data part.. But that would be of concern

12-08-2015 07:04 AM
    You can customize the alert tone per user.

It uses wifi when your connected to wifi, and regular the cellular network when not.

It doesn't use data to send or receive messages, any data use is just typical background stuff like any app and very negligible.
    12-08-2015 09:42 AM
    You can customize the alert tone per user.
    And, how is this done?
    12-08-2015 01:30 PM
    And, how is this done?
    Go into the conversation of the individual you want to change. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. The first option is customize, in there you'll see tones.
    12-08-2015 01:44 PM
    Go into the conversation of the individual you want to change. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. The first option is customize, in there you'll see tones.
    Are you sure that option does not change the default notification for all messages?
    12-08-2015 01:53 PM
    Are you sure that option does not change the default notification for all messages?
    No if you go into the individual conversation it only changes. That person.
    12-08-2015 01:57 PM
    No if you go into the individual conversation it only changes. That person.
    Thanks, I'll check it out. If accurate, the menu should be modified for a little clarity to differentiate the individual setting - as is, the option is identical to the universal setting.
    12-08-2015 02:09 PM
    Thanks, I'll check it out. If accurate, the menu should be modified for a little clarity to differentiate the individual setting - as is, the option is identical to the universal setting.
    You have to have started a conversation with someone before you can make a custom alert tone for that person. So the first text you get from someone will be the default alert tone, then you can change it to a custom tone. Warning: If you delete a conversation with a person, you will have to assign the custom tone to them the next time you start a new conversation.

So, in effect you are assigning custom alert tones to conversations.
    12-08-2015 03:56 PM
    You have to have started a conversation with someone before you can make a custom alert tone for that person. So the first text you get from someone will be the default alert tone, then you can change it to a custom tone. Warning: If you delete a conversation with a person, you will have to assign the custom tone to them the next time you start a new conversation.

So, in effect you are assigning custom alert tones to conversations.
    Ah...

Thanks again. Since I prefer a "neat" text app I empty it out when done with a conversation so, the feature is of no use to me. Still, good to know...I can see a few cases where it might be useful.
    12-08-2015 05:54 PM
    All great answers....Thank you, will check it out

12-09-2015 09:08 AM