Droid Turbo drops / cuts out calls when advanced calling is on

Jaj4e

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a droid turbo. I work in the city so there are cell towers everywhere but my office is in the middle of a building and I have no windows. My calls get dropped or cut in and out unless I turn off the advanced call feature. Other people with different phones have no problems in my office. Can I leave this feature off all the time? The one day I did leave it off and I was not at work and I tried to make a call and got a message saying the call could not connect so I don't know if it will create other problems. I usually have two bars in my office and 4G lte. We have Wi-Fi but are not allowed to use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Volte off should be fine. If you continue to have problems, I would suggest contacting Verizon to investigate.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The main effect of not using VoLTE is the inability to use voice and data simultaneously. If you can live without that, you should be fine. You can also manually toggle VoLTE on and off, so you could turn it off when you arrive at work each morning and then turn it back on when you leave, if you need voice and data for your commute (or other reasons) while you are not at work.