Why do I have duplicate messenger + icons on my home screen.

Justrobb

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
While viewing my home screen my launcher bar at bottom of my droid turbo has my typical messenger icon few days ago for. Unknown reasons I now have another messenger icon on top of my original .. Everything seems to work fine.. And it goes away if I soft reset my phone. But soon as I use messenger the dupkicated one shows up? What could it be. ? I have soft reset.. Deleted any app installed. In last week still happens ..please someone help. It's annoying to see it and know something is wrong

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, what happens if you remove the icon from the home screen by dragging to the top and dropping it on the delete control, and then drag an icon from the app drawer to the same place to replace it? Does it still redraw the icon?

If not, what happens if you install a replacement launcher (Google Now, for example). I believe that GN will import the home screens from your current launcher, though you may need to recreate your home screen. Does the same thing happen?

One issue with the Google Now launcher, if this is important to you, is that it will not "badge" the icons with unread message numbers. That's never been critical to me, since the notifications show up in the notification shade anyway, but some people like that. If so, there are launchers (Nova Prime with the Tesla Unread plugin) that can recreate that.

Justrobb

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Only way I get it to go away is soft reset. I can remove the icon and replace it and its still duplicate. It's duplicate in the app drawer its duplicate in launch bar. Unless the reset is done

Posted via the Android Central App

gemery#CB

Banned
Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I saw that as well... Duplicate icon seemed to appear after an update or something must have been pushed out, as the terms and conditions accept screen appeared

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've got the double icon as well. It started after an update a day or so ago. The icon is also doubled in the app drawer. It's a little ugly but doesn't seem to affect functionality at least...

Justrobb

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Bitterman.. That's exactly my problem started just a few days ago buy my last system update was 2 months ago. .

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Was there an app update to Message+ in the Play Store? (I hate the app, so I don't use it or have it.)

If it was an app update, you can try switching temporarily to another messaging app (Hangouts? Google Messages? - they are both good enough) and then switch back when Verizon updates the app to fix this. Messages are stored on a database on the phone, and apps are just clients to show the messages, so you won't lose any switching back and forth. Google Messages is my SMS/MMS app of choice.

D._Manley

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Just downloaded an update from the play store. After reboot the double icon is gone...
FWIW, this particular app is one that Verizon is very quick to respond to in both Play Store reviews and even more so via email. I've done so on two occasions and they responded in record time on both.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1