Whenever you turn on the phone, or whenever you come back from a blank screen, my Motorola Droid Turbo always starts at the default Phone app. This is really frustrating because you have to close this screen before you can get to the Home screen to do anything else. It also has been the cause of a number of accidental dialings since it defaults to the Speed Dial screen and all the dial buttons are there ready to use. Is there any way to change this? I want to just boot to the home screen, like every other phone I have used.

Thanks for any help.
    01-01-2016 06:46 PM
    I've never heard of such a thing.

I'd try installing a new launcher app from the play store. Something like the free Google now launcher. Then, when you press the home key, it will ask which launcher you want to use, with an option to make it the default. You can select anything else.

I believe for some reason your phone thinks that the phone app is the default launcher.

The only other thing I can think of is some sort of weird accessibility setting but I can't think of such a setting that would hijack a single press of the home button.
    01-01-2016 08:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It doesn't go straight to the Phone app when you touch the Home key; but it always starts at the Phone app when you come back from a blank screen. I will try your suggestion of another launcher, and see if this behavior gets reset.
    01-01-2016 09:21 PM
    What do you mean "a blank screen"? What is a blank screen? I don't understand that terminology. When the display is on with my phone the screen is never blank.
    01-01-2016 10:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply. It doesn't go straight to the Phone app when you touch the Home key; but it always starts at the Phone app when you come back from a blank screen. I will try your suggestion of another launcher, and see if this behavior gets reset.
    Hello, welcome to the forums! Do you mean the lock screen? If so, maybe it's just the direction of your swipe to unlock. After Lollipop in most phones you can perform different actions from the lock screen depending on which direction you swipe.

Right - dialer/phone app.
    Left - camera.
    Up - unlock and home screen.
    Down - expand notifications.
    doogald likes this.
    01-01-2016 11:02 PM
    That was it! Thanks. I was not aware of the different swipe functions.

Sorry for the confusion in terms. What I was calling "blank screen" is when the phone is on but the screen is dark and nothing is displayed. When you turn the screen back on, it takes you to the lock screen; and from there we were always getting the Phone app. The common move is to always swipe to the right, so now I know why the Phone app comes up.

Great information, and thanks to everyone for your help. I have definitely learned something new.
    Javier P and doogald like this.
    01-02-2016 12:38 PM
    No worries, glad it helped! See you around the forums!
    01-02-2016 12:44 PM