Have Droid Turbo - What phone next?

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I had two Galaxys and after a year into both they started to error and operate like a PC that was at the end of its life. Slow with tasks, sudden reboots.
Epic 4G slider and S3.

Not trying to sound like an old man who had a bad experience with a Chevy in the mid 70s and won't ever consider them again, it's just still fresh in my mind. That S3 really brought out the hate. The last six months of that two year contract seemed like it would never end.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I had two Galaxys and after a year into both they started to error and operate like a PC that was at the end of its life. Slow with tasks, sudden reboots.
Epic 4G slider and S3.

Not trying to sound like an old man who had a bad experience with a Chevy in the mid 70s and won't ever consider them again, it's just still fresh in my mind. That S3 really brought out the hate. The last six months of that two year contract seemed like it would never end.

Reading the Samsung forums some people say Galaxy phones can get laggy in their 2nd year of use and I've heard people say they've had no problems. The complaints seem to be dwindling as TouchWiz is lightened, meaning there are less reports with S5 and S6.

But yes, being stuck with a crappy performing phone for 6 months would be excruciating.

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Didn’t see anything I HAD to jump at out there in phone land. My droid turbo 2 got run over yesterday so decided to buy another one new never used. Got lucky. $175 and it should be here Friday.
What’s everyone else using or moving onto?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
My contract is not up for a bit, but my turbo's low ear piece volume is bothering me. Any suggestions for a replacement phone?

I am thinking about the Nexus 6p.

What did you go with? As I said in the post above I bought a new Droid turbo 2. Didn’t see anything WAY better than it. The specs still hold it’s own against many others. Maybe in another couple years.
Cheers

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Mike - I know this is 3yrs.old but what did you end up getting? Believe it or not I still have my original Turbo.

I didn't like the Turbo2 compared to the original and just last week I returned the Moto e4 and I also returned a Moto Z Play. The wife thought she was surprisingly me with it, but for that phone to be good IMO you have to buy all these add ons. Didn't make sense to me. Guess I'm sticking to my Original Turbo till something knocks my socks off, at least I own this now.

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I have and still use my original Turbo. I returned the Turbo2, it just didn't make sense to me after I weighed the differences and I was having problem after problem with the 2.

Kinda looking forward to my next phone but it's gotta really knock my socks off, though I do like the idea of having two phones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I have and still use my original Turbo. I returned the Turbo2, it just didn't make sense to me after I weighed the differences and I was having problem after problem with the 2.

Kinda looking forward to my next phone but it's gotta really knock my socks off, though I do like the idea of having two phones.

Is there any phone currently out there that you are thinking about getting?

May 18, 2015
Visit site
No not really Morty. Now that I got my AC app back on track maybe I can do some research.

But just reading here.....so far at least - - I somewhat cringe when thinking about getting into another phone. Of course Verizon is REALLY pushing me to upgrade. Ha! But as of now it just simply doesn't make any sense. I've seen and used others phones and mine was actually faster (operating wise) than theirs and no I can't remember the two I actually had in my hand.

But like I said, now that I got my AC app back.....between this and YTube and my discernment it'll help me make the right decision anyway.

Just a friendly tip to anyone. For a bit I thought my Turbo was starting to bite the dust. Everything worked fine but anytime I had to call someone.....if they picked up the phone everything was OK but if an answering machine or voice prompts answered instead of a REAL voice my screen went COMPLETELY black. It would go completely black if some one picked it up also which took away using the speaker because I couldn't touch it because of the screen. So I was STUCK holding that phone planted to the side of my big head. I hated that.

I checked EVERYTHING. I couldn't hang up, they had to etc etc. Called Verizon and went over it with their Tier2 Techs. They said "Nope Gregg. You need a new phone." I tried calling them one more time after returning their last gem they sent me and in just general chit chat with the guy he said something (I forget exactly how he said it) and I thought "Oh no, don't tell me." He had mentioned something about the "Proximity Sensor" that truly got super charged with the last update. I think that's how he said it. I asked him where it was and he said "it's to the left of your selfie cam, you can't see it, you can if the light hits it just right." I just shook my head and rolled my eyes, I had went four months with this black screen problem. I don't do selfies and I don't like the idea of a cam facing me all the time either. So I have ALWAYS covered that hole with a small piece of black gorilla tape. Just happened to be the last piece I put on was just a tad longer. Sure enough.....I take off the piece of gorilla tape and badabing problem SOLVED! Me and that fella on the phone were cracking up. He agreed with the fact that everything I went through, the time with "their experts" at Verizon.....I'm talking like three different people with close to FIVE HOURS on the phone trying to fix this and just in general chit chat I picked up something I hadn't heard before with this "proximity sensor" and put one and one together. Incredible. For the record I put on a smaller fresh piece of black gorilla tape on the front facing camera, can't be too careful nowadays. Ha! Sorry bout' the long post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21