Ok, so when I am prompted to pay, the device is unlocked and I place over NFC. I get a subtle vibration but nothing happens. The transaction times out and I look at the cashier and we try again.
    This time the phone now prompts me to unlock my phone(even tho it already is) and the swipe pattern pops up and then the transaction goes thru.
    So annoying b/c it is not clean transaction. Way way slower than credit card.

This happened on my last two transactions...I really want to use android pay but this is a deterrent.

Oh, prior to the new pay/wallet rollout, it worked fine for me, so I dont really know whats changed...
    01-12-2016 09:00 PM
    IMHO, changing the matrix from Google Wallet was a huge mistake. Even (EVEN) if, The now required PIN for the phone itself works as intended (it doesn't BTW) the app and any transaction is no more secure than the original app only requiring s PIN for use during a purchase. The case can be made it's actually less secure since anyone with access to using the phone also has access to Android Pay. I refuse to deal with entering a PIN dozens of times daily simply for the occasional use of Google Pay. And yes, I'm aware of the workarounds such as Smart Locks, etc. that can minimize the hassle but it's a poor substitute for living with the headache. Google whiffed on this one and it's costing them. Myself and tons of former Wallet users share the same opinion and I refuse to put up with the new & totally unnecessary system. I miss not having it but not badly enough to jump through the hoops of Android Pay to use on a casual basis.
    01-13-2016 12:14 AM
    Ok, so when I am prompted to pay, the device is unlocked and I place over NFC. I get a subtle vibration but nothing happens. The transaction times out and I look at the cashier and we try again.
    Do you have Smart Lock on, or did you unlock the phone yourself with your PIN/password/pattern?
    01-13-2016 12:21 AM