my 3 year old son had my droid turbo this morning and incorrectly tried 10 times to unlock my phone, he brought it to me saying, I think your phone is broken.

I couldn't do anything to stop it...the only thing on the screen was the android saying 'deleting data'. Of course when the phone turned back on, all the photos, videos, game progress were gone. I didn't even know this was on my phone, since I haven't done my pass pattern wrong to get the notice.

Is there any way to recover the deleted data? Not all of it was backed up to the CLOUD (not since September). PLEASE HELP...

Thank you,
    meghan
    01-21-2016 05:35 PM
    Please refer to this thread

http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ted-files.html
    01-21-2016 05:42 PM
    Note to all: you can turn OFF the "delete after ten tries" option in settings.

Posted via Moto Turbo
    01-22-2016 02:39 PM

Posted via Moto Turbo
    But you probably shouldn't, in case you really lose your phone. Better to prevent a child who has no idea of the value of an expensive device from handling your phone. (Trust me; I sympathize.)

To the op, after you get the phone setup, the first thing to do is to turn on photo/video sync to a cloud service like Google photos or Dropbox or Flickr.
    01-23-2016 08:53 AM
    But you probably shouldn't, in case you really lose your phone. Better to prevent a child who has no idea of the value of an expensive device from handling your phone. (Trust me; I sympathize.)

To the op, after you get the phone setup, the first thing to do is to turn on photo/video sync to a cloud service like Google photos or Dropbox or Flickr.
    I was helping a friend move, with my phone in my pocket. Apparently, it somehow turned itself on, then bumping around in my pocket was enough to activate the 10 attempts limit and my phone was wiped while still in my pocket. Most of my stuff is backed up into the cloud, but I did lose 6 months of data on one app because I didn't have it backed up (yea. my bad) and still had to spend the hours and hours resetting up my phone. I'll depend on Device Manager to wipe if my phone is stolen or lost going forward.

Posted via Moto Turbo
    01-24-2016 03:35 PM

Posted via Moto Turbo
    Any idea how to do it? I can't seem to find it! Thanks!
    02-04-2016 10:30 PM
    Any idea how to do it? I can't seem to find it! Thanks!
    Settings>Security>Device Administrator>Local Wipe Policy: uncheck.

Posted via Moto Turbo
    doogald likes this.
    02-05-2016 11:15 AM